Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm a mom with 3 kids now!!!

Hello there! I'm back and happy to say that we've had our addition to the family. The miracle that we have been expecting eagerly. Alhamdulillah, by the grace of god, he joined us on Monday at 10.28 a.m on the 26th May, 2008. A healthy baby boy of 3.04kg.

It all started off as a teeny weeny contraction that I shrugged off at about 4:30 a.m. After going to the bathroom for the 4/5 th time that morning, I woke up again at about 5.15 a.m, this time it was not a contraction, I realised I really had to go this time. Then, at about 5.30 I felt my stomach churning again, and I thought oh! oh! Is this it? Only the last time I had such contractions, they were about 4 years ago, so I wasn't sure anymore! Yes, or no? I don't know? Should I tell my husband and wake him up now? Maybe, I should wait a little longer and see whether the pain continues. Soon, it was already Suboh, so I thought, why not, let's just shower and pray and just pack the final essentials that I have not packed in my bag which has been ready for over 2 weeks now. The pain became quite consistent then when I woke my hubby up, the pain became consistent for about half a second or so for every 15 minutes. Then I knew, this is it, the Real McCoy. No kidding. It's time, today's the day.

We actually had an appointment with my Gynae that morning, it would have been my 2nd weekly appointment. So, I am relieved that at least my Gynae is supposed to be around that day. I have been praying that 1) my signs of labour will not be my water back bursting in bed, or at the office or in the car or any other inappropriate places, 2) my gynae will be around to deliver 3) my husband is at my side throughout. Alhamdulillah, all these wishes were granted. Now, I realised that I should have also prayed really hard for a 4th one, which, is a speedy delivery!

You see, my water back has never broken naturally! Don't know why this time, my Dr. insisted that we wait for it to burst naturally. Even though I am like 8-9 cm dilated already and have been having this urge to push since like 9 a.m. Goodness gracious. Forgetting the fact that I was down with fever about a week before and never recovered my appetite since then, I was really tired already, had no energy left, by the time my water back broke and I had to start pushing. My last meal the night before was just an orange, and the whole of that week I only had very very little to eat at every meal time. So not my pregnant appetite, so not even my normal un-pregnant appetite.

I pushed and I pushed but the baby was just not coming out, finally seeing that I was dead tired already and the fact that the baby's position is also hindering it from coming out easily, Dr decided to go for "an assisted" labour which is via vacuum. Quite a harmless looking device. I was afraid that it would somehow cause my baby's head to be deformed then after but thanks goodness it didn't. Anyhow, with that bit of extra help, my baby swooshed out finally.

Ahhhh so this is it! My second son, my third child, finally at long last! Below are some pictures to share with you.

the delivery room as my previous 2 deliveries... that's the Roma Birthwheel


he's out!


leaving the hospital, with my latest bundle of joy


3 comments:

ZailanMY said...

congrats!!! enjoy your sleepless nights.. he he

Anonymous said...

alhamdullilah... susah gk nk kuar ek?

Aliz said...

Congratulations !
When will be my turn... ?