Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mothers' Day Weekend

Happy Belated Mothers' Day to all mothers out there! Incidentally it was also my mothers' birthday on the 9th, so it was a double celebration. She wanted to go to this Restaurant in town by the Lake with the revolving gigantic wheels if you catch my drift. It was our first time there for the steamboat. The hygiene was appalling, and the food was not that great either, just so so. Please forget about it if you have plans to try out that place.
Happy 60th Birthday Mak /Wan (as my kids call her), and Happy Mothers' Day. Love you soooo much!!!

the cuppy cakes!

blow Wan blow!

me and the b'day girl and bro


Eventhough my mom's birthday was on the 9th, that Friday, we postponed dinner till the next day because I had to attend our company's Annual Dinner & Dance. Much awaited company's event. Usually because this is the time we get a chance to get all dolled up, buy new clothes, buy new shoes and make-up. It usually is the only time in the year that I would be rummaging frantically through my drawer for my eyelash curler and mascara. This year I had a palette of eyeshadows too, some brand sold in the pharmacies, that I purchased for my daughter's kindergarten concert last year. Lucky me! Otherwise, I would be wasting some money on a new eyeshadow, that would only be worn once, like the years before. However, since I am heavily pregnant this year, I did not bother to make or buy any new clothes, because I was not too sure that I would still be around to make it for the dinner. I decided on what to wear only at the very last minute, thank goodness I had something wearable in the closet that fits me and fits the theme for the night, which was Glitz & Glam - The Oscars. Muahaha!ha!ha! I know... don't ask me who came up with that!!! Not that I was able to look anywhere near Glitzy and Glamourous, come on, how glitzy can a 9 months pregnant woman get, plus I was not even showing any cleavage... ala hollywood glam.

Anyhow, I did lugged my heavy self to the chosen hotel, sat through dinner which was not too bad, but the entertainment was so dissapointing that I'd rather not mention it at all. We stil took some photos though just for keepsakes, but that night will always be remembered as one of the most dissapointing dinner event ever. Photo opportunities were never missed though!


don't I look almost not pregnant! he!he! one can always try!


this is our whole department, our lady boss in the centre

having a laugh with someone else's Oscar, yes we had Oscar presentation!

with Gina, the best dressed girl for the night.

cannot hide the tummy this time. should have held my dinner bag.

the door gift - chocolates only!!!

No comments: