Friday, October 10, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya!



Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin, from the five of us to all. We celebrated this year with our new member of the family even though, he is way too young to understand. He is not wearing any baju Melayu this year. Thought that he is too young for it, plus the baju melayu this year are recycled from last, since Zarif 's fits perfectly well this year as it was made slightly bigger last year. We girls managed to get away with new pairs of Baju Kurung, since Nayli's Baju Kurung last year was way to small for her already. I gave in to Nayli's preference of having a matching Baju Kurung with me as the boys have identical Baju Melayu. Next year Zaim will be 1 year plus and would be old enough to have his own pair of Baju Melayu.


This year the Raya day falls in the middle of the week. So, it makes planning for the holidays rather easy. It was decided that this year we would be celebrating it with hubby's side of the family, particularly with his aunt and uncle in Kuala Terengganu. We were joined by his sister, mom and some of his cousins and other aunt and uncle.


At first we planned to head to Terengganu a day before the big day. Luckily, my M-I-L suggested that we should leave earlier if I were to have more time to visit Pasar Payang. It was a good thing that we took her advice. Since we ended up going on Sunday, I had 2 full days in Kuala Terengganu, and I went to Pasar Payang on both days. I already knew that I had to leave Terengganu with some of their fine Batiks. After much contemplation and searching, I must say that I am pleased with what I got at the end of my two day visits to PP. Got my silk batiks and even one crepe material, some nice kaftans for myself, mom and Nayli.


Hari Raya in Terengganu also means Nasi Dagang on the first day of Raya. Endless of it, and not just for breakfast! Yummy. We also had endless Keropok Lekor. We even bought some or rather plenty, and had it frozen while we were there so that we could take it home. My only regret now is that I didn't take enough pictures. There were also no pictures of the Raya spread. What was I thinking? So unlike me. Guess I was pretty tied up with the baby. Anyway, hari raya isn't exactly over yet maybe there's hope of more Raya shots before the end of this Syawal.
It was a really good long break. Thanks very much to Mak Lang and Pak Lang for having us.
Below are some pictures that I managed to capture during our stay in Terengganu.



Nayli and her cousins.


At the Jetty, near Pasar Payang.




1st Hari Raya ever!


Hari Raya 2008 _ Kuala Terengganu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waa... bestlar shopping kt PP tu..
apsal x beli lebih....