Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pangkor Island Revisited

The moment I returned to the office after my maternity leave which was in September, I already started planning for a holiday for this long Year End School Break. Of course the excuse is that the kids have not gone for a holiday (read: stay in hotel, by the beach with a swimming pool, 2 swimming pools are even better) since November 2007, when I was about 3 months pregnant.

Yes, we returned to Pangkor Island Beach Resort. The very same hotel that we stayed at last year, though I decided to try a different wing, slighlty cheaper too, but with timber flooring. Yes, I am quite particular with this flooring issue. Ha! ha! Again, this hotel does not dissapoint. Though, hubby thinks that this room is a tad too small, especially this time, we had an additional play pen added on top of an extra bed. Rather cramped, but with the adjustment to the costs, and you get timber flooring, I have no complains.

The best part about this hotel is that the rates are inclusive of breakfast and dinner, buffet! The spread is good enough, for you to gain weight at the end of your fourth day here. We didn't even leave the hotel ground at all throughout our stay, even during our last visit here without a baby, we were happy to just stay in and enjoy the facilities to the max.

This time we brought along Zarif's PS2 and I brought along specially bought DVDs, rented the DVD player, and managed to watch 2 1/2 movies, thoses time that I stayed in the room with Zaim, while the father took the kids swimming. Love this place. Below are some pictures, a little different than last year's if you care to compare in my Nov 2007 entry. Firstly, no bulge in my tummy this time, well actually that is not 100% true, but I shall not deliberate on this matter. Secondly, since we stayed at a different wing, we spent more time at the smaller pool instead of the free form pool, because there were also way too many people this time.




I have my hands full with the Zaim's stroller, Nayli was so nice to help the father pulled one suitcase.




In the ferry, Zaim was a bit cranky throughout cause it was his meal time, and I left his food in the bag outside. Poor baby. Thank goodness, it didn't take too long to reach the island.



Upon reaching the jetty, there was still a 2 minutes ride in the hotel shuttle, provided.



This is the room. Nice and cosy, or rather, cramp but cosy.


Zaim's first swimming experience. He loves it.

The top is for a one year old, mind you. The swim nappy is LARGE too!

The SUN_PROOF siblings!


Lunch at the Pacific Terrace.


Nap time.

He did not venture into the sea though, not this time. Next holiday perhaps when he is a little older.

A bit too sunny but just nice for pictures.

I cannot resist the water. Baby or no baby! He was a bit grumpy this time.

Didn't stay long this time, cause it was his meal time.

Followed by... nap time, and even before I managed to change him.

In between the pool and the sea.

Myriad of activities at the beach, view from our room.

This is the smaller pool that I was referring too.

More "splashing" time at the pool. On the last day.

Amongst the attaction in the hotel compound.

Time to go. Reluctantly though.

Forced smile for the camera.

We chose to stand outside this time, to enjoy the natural breeze.

No comments: