Sunday, March 25, 2007

TML ADD 2007







Our Talisman 2007 Annual Dinner took place last Friday [23d April] in Shangrila Hotel, KL this time. An event that all Talismanites look forward to each year. The only dinner event in the Talisman Social Calendar, so naturally everyone cannot wait for the big day to get a chance to spend some money for an outfit to comply with the theme, splurge a little on make-up, hairdo and perhaps for someone like me, a good excuse to get a long overdue manicure.



Incidentally, the theme was The Swinging Sixties. Since I have decided what to wear for this year's dinner way in January this year, I decided not to bother with the theme. I actually had something tailored earlier in the year, as I needed something new to attend my friend's wedding. I made it a little extra glittery compared to my other clothes that I have in my wardrobe. Since I have already decided on what to wear, preparation for the night, wasn't such a hassle for me. The only other thing that I finally spent on was perfume, cause I cannot remember the last time I had a designer perfume. I have been going through this phase of Crabtree & Evelyn and Body Shop for quite a while.


This year's entertainers are REM, Joanne Kam Po Po and Jaclyn Victor. I always thought that REM had a nice, husky voice, he sang only 2 songs I think. I was looking forward to his one and only hit a long time ago, but he only did 2 cover versions old songs which I can't even remember now! Joanne KPP was a boring, a hum sup let down, the only highlight of her show were the 2 cross-dresser dancers that she had backing her and every so often come out in really elaborate costumes between her stand up comics prancing about and lip syncing to some songs. Totally forgettable performance. And finally, we actually waited for the main artist Jac, of the 1st Malaysian Idol. Boy that girl can really sing. She sang 2 English songs and when we were just getting into the groove of her performance, she sang her infamous Gemilang from her Malaysian idol days and then left. Yes, that was it, only 3 pathetic songs. I must find out how much we are paying her for that 3 songs. Really what a let down. We were really expecting more, especially the whole load of rubbish from Joanne KPP. If the event management company actually paid the JKPP troupe more than Jac, that's was such a waste. They should have paid Joanne's act less so that she performed only for a bout 10 mins and gave more to Jac so that she we could afford for her to sing more than 3 songs! Really. The only person that saved the night was the MC which was none other than Sarimah Ibrahim. She was a hoot! Really just like how we see her on TV all these time. My goodness can this girl talked. So hilarious. We should have her sing some of her songs instead of calling Joanne KPP and even RM. So that was it, nothing much to say about the dinner. I didn't win any lucky draw prizes. Won some Crabtree & Evelyn vouchers last year that too my number was called out when I was at the ladies, so Jack did the honours. I refrained from going to the loo cause I wanted to be around when my number was called but that ceratinly did not happen. So perhaps I should have just gone to the toilet, and pray that what happened last year would happen again this year.



Me and Jack on the Vespa, sixties style, check out my pose. That side "saddle" is so very sixties don't cha think. All that is mixing is perhaps a bee-hive hairdo. He!he!he! Yeah, and batik shirt on the man isn't exactly very sixties is it? Oh but I took a picture with one sixties looking fella, check out below...

TML Operations Manager, Paul Atkinson. So sporting. There was another Elvis that night it was Don Binedetto from Indonesian Office.

Quite a lot of people came to in the them of the sixties. Quite cool really. When Sarimah wanted to look for 5 people dressed in the sixties for the audience to vote to get the best dressed title, there were about 20 people who voted themselves and went up the stage.





Sarimah was baffled and gave up. The winner ended up to be a Mr Shah Rukh Khan (sixties? exactly, Sarimah just gave up cause people kept on cheering for him) and Mrs Hippies (at least it's according to the theme).


Our table, #27, though Jack and Razlan (Maisura's Hubby) is out of the hall at that moment, probably smoking or just taking some time out from JKPP!!! So standing from right to left is Maisura, Me, Izam and sitting from right to left is Ally and Jamil, Badli and Norlina (proud mum to be!!!).

Some more snapshots, check out Go our Exploration mgmt trainee currently stationed in our dept. Woohoo!!! cool hair do dude!!!




And finally me, making a fool of myself but managed to win something [a 512 MG thumb drive, puhlees isn't it all 1G now???], trying to finish the song Kokomo by the Beach Boys ... Aruba, Jamaica come on pretty mama, Kilargo, Montego baby why don't we go Jamaica off the floor to Nikita. That's where we wanna go to get away from it all. Way down in Kokomo.... p/s no spell check done here.


Over and out, here's wishing that next year we would have more luck with the entertainers.

Ameen!!!!

No comments: