Sunday, April 08, 2007

BBQ Poolside Party

The finance dept kindly once again has invited us fr Planning to join them for a BBQ party by the poolside last Thursday. Wasn't sure in the beginning to attend. As it was on a Thursday, not just a Thurs-Day, Thursday my Yoga Day. Ever since I started about 2-3 months back, I have been very very particular about Thurs-Days. Anyone can change my plans, pursuade me to change my plans any hour of the day on Thurs-Days, but come 6-7p.m, I am untouchable by anyone. Religiously at that time of the day, I'd be sweating it out in a variety of Yoga poses, in the quest for a healthy body, mind and spirit. But the one of the main thing that makes me stick it out through the Sun Salutation etc etc is really the thought of the last 15 minutes of meditation, during the cooling down session. It is really good to be flat on my back after 4 minutes of trying to become a stiff contortionist, so lovely to be twisting from side to side and ust unwinding especially after a long day at the office, with the soothing yoga music on... breathing in and out... in and our... hhmmmmm..... phuuuuuuuu...... aaaahhhh.

Oh, but really Yoga wasn't my point of entry today. The BBQ party, right because of this invite and the lure of BBQ-ed chicken curteousy of En Sharif Shukor farm's 2nd harvest.

After 2 days of contemplation, I finally decided that my body and soul will not be gravely harmed due to a deprivation of an hour of Yoga Class after all. So we set off to Rosman's condo in Villa Puteri behind The Mall as he has generously offered his condo's poolside area to have the BBQ. Food was mainly provided for y Fidah's catering company, well actually her husband works with the caterer part-time. This is not the first time we have used their services, and once again they did not dissapoint us. Besides, the mandatory surprise! surprise! BBQ-ed chicken, with a lovely brown sauce (that Fidah claimed was too tiresome to make that she couldn't even bothered to even list the ingredients in it) we had nasi goreng, coleslaw, baked potato, wobbly jell-o and fruits. Yum!yum! What more do you need? The finance group had a lucky draw well-planned out too, with really interesting prizes. It was a good laugh for everyone who won when the unwrapped their pressies. Even yours truly here, won something too. Amazing I know! Will wonders never cease?



I almost forgot, they even had a tiny awards ceremony. Best Book-keeper of the Year, Accountant of the Year and Best Newcomer of the year. Scroll down to check out the winners.



No comments: