Monday, April 30, 2007

Holidays and Sick Days

I have been very quite for quite sometime, cause nothing much has been happening. Yeah, after my “whirlwind birthday weekend”, things have been pretty quite at least on my side, because I have not been well. Nothing major but go on don’t stop putting the order for the Get well soon bouquet and helium balloon.

It all started the day on Wednesday, we all have been looking forward to the next Futsal practice. I was prepared, mentally and physically too. Monday, was never my exercise day but in order to have a one day rest before Wednesday, I made sure that I got myself to the gym for my normal workout. It’s usually 10 minutes on the rowing machine, and another 20-30 minutes of breeze walking (usually at 6km/hr) on the treadmill. I even put in a 5 minutes running in between the walking to ensure that I do not get anymore cramps when I’m in the futsal field.

No matter, how prepared you try to be, you just don’t know when it will hit you. After the necessary warm ups, (though now that I think about it, may have been greatly insufficient), we had to practice passing the ball from one to another. That was when it happened. Something just snapped in my right thigh! Wham! I’m like awww!!! What is this??? We haven’t even started playing yet. How sad is that? I stayed on though, and braved the next 40 minutes in grave pain. Only just staying away from where all the action was. Only managing a pathetic kick once a while, though, even when I tried kicking with my left leg, my left thigh still hurt soo bad. I didn’t bother leaving the field, cause I thought, I am already here, so I better get some exercise! It was only later I found out we were playing with extras, it was supposed to be only 5 aside including the goalie, we had like 6 aside. I could have just sit this practice out and watch them play. Apparently, Linda and Izam had the same cramps too. It felt like the muscle or nerve on my right thigh just snapped. The pain is nothing that I have experienced before.

It continued to hurt the next day too, thank goodness it was a public holiday, it was the King’s Inauguration Day. So I stayed home, limping around, nasib baik rumah kecik (just had to use Bahasa for this phrase!)! I guess the pain was so bad, that I felt sick. I actually had a temperature. This is not a virus infection that comes with a sore throat, runny nose and headaches. I just had a temperature, that’s why I am convinced that the fever was due to the muscle cramp. So that Friday at work, I told the girls I am pulling out of futsal, yeah, the star player has to leave. Boo hoo!!! I am sticking to my gym and yoga from now on. Nothing to ambitious, not anymore. I just cannot risk another muscle pull, cramp or whatever. What if there was no Public Holiday the next day, I cannot be taking Medical leave every Thursday??

So that was my Wed-Friday last week. I was actually looking forward for the weeked, this weekend cause it’s going to be a long weekend for me. Taking the Monday off too, plus another 2 public holidays, 1st May being the Labour Day and Wesak Day, with the 2nd as a replacement holiday. I have 5 glorious days at home eh, planning to go for a facial on Monday(today) since Nayli will be in school, I can leave a little earlier, before His Royal Highness wakes up from slumber, and come home just after she returns from school. Again, my plans did not materialize. Called my Facial Salon, found out the sad fact that, my favourite therapist is off on Mondays (only ever had her the last time which was the 1st time ever, so naturally I want her to do my face again). Currently they are fully booked Monday-Wednesday! Can you believe that? I thought no one goes to this place. Apparently they are more suckers out there besides me. In the name of indulgence, pampering oneself, tra la la la la. So I cannot get my facial today, but rest assured, I have been put on their waiting list for tomorrow or Wednesday. But, but I have a wedding tomorrow and made plans with Jack to take the kids to watch Spidey 3 on Wednesday, should we be able get to log on tgv's website! Something wrong with their line this couple of days. Hope, they will call me (the facial salon that is), and I will be able to run off for about 3 hours altogether for a facial.

So, where was I, yeah, my supposedly 5 glorious days of holidays well, I have been sick since Saturday afternoon. I don’t know what is wrong with me, I have been having this on and off runny nose and I feel slightly feverish all the time. Thank goodness, my facial today is cancelled. I am just too weak to drive anywhere. I would have wanted to go to IKEA, or even take the kids to the Toys R’US or somewhere. Oh, well there are still 2 more days. Hope I will feel much better tomorrow.

No comments: