Monday, April 23, 2007

Birthdays & Food

This weekend is a birthday party weekend for me. 21st April, the Saturday was actually Jack’s birthday. We went to Delicious by Ms. Read @ Bangsar Village 2. I told Pat the plan, she saw right through me though, known her too long that’s why! She accused me of choosing the place for purely selfish reasons. But really, I chose the place because the both times I’ve eaten there, they were with her and I just wanted to share the experience with him. It is just an added bonus that I happened to love their Fried Calamari, Delicious Cheeseburger, Frosty Ice Lemon Tea and the Piece de Resistance (for me at least) … Berrilicous Chocolate Pavlova, as picture attached.
I was telling Jack about their Lamb Rack, so that was what he’s supposed to order. However, it was only available after 6p.m. How frustrating for him, pity the birthday boy, he had to settle for the Lambshank & Pie, which I know isn't really his kinda thing. Oh, well we just have to go again for dinner some other time. [Silently, yippee!!!].

What is it about this place, one thing I like the ambience and the food is good, what else is there to like about a restaurant. I can’t wait for their new branch. Read in the papers that they are moving to Bangsar Village 2, and the setting is supposed to be like a living room (home) setting. How cool is that? It will be even more impossible to get a table then, it is bad enough now.

After lunch we went straight to Klang, we’ve been invited to a BBQ that night. Yeah more good food. In the evening, after bathing the kids, I realized that I was suddenly wheezing. It did cross my mind while I was locking the doors in the afternoon before leaving the house to grab my inhaler and magnolia pure essential oil just in case I got a sinus attack or whatever, like the night before (the very night after the Karaoke) I was woken up many times cause I had severe runny nose, but it stopped after inhaling a few drops of the magnolia PEO. But, since I was already outside my door, going back in would mean unlocking the grill, the padlock at the grill and the wooden door. So mah fun!!!! So it serves me right, that evening I was wheezing without anything to help me counter the attack. Thank goodness it wasn’t past 7 yet. I rushed out with Nie, Jack’s cousin’s heavily pregnant wife, bless that girl, since she knew the way around Klang to hunt for an open clinic that accepts Mediclinic card. Jack was already starting to help with the BBQ so I didn’t want him to leave halfway. After 3-4 closed clinics, we finally spotted a 24 hr one, which is rather empty. After the normal forms and stuff, I was called in and was given the nebulizer immediately. That thing gives almost an immediate relief, so I managed to enjoy the BBQ after all. Sorry no pictures from the BBQ, I forgot. So unlike me huh! I guess I was to pre-occupied and rather tired after all the day’s excitement, what with not getting enough sleep the night before, plus, I was heavily drugged in the evening too, with the neb and what ever stuff the doctor gave me. I couldn’t muster any enthusiasm, to join the rest to watch the AF concert. By 10’ish, I hid in the spare room given to us for changing and slept. Jack woke me up at about midnight to go home.

The morning after, since Mis is away at her cousin’s, I welcomed the fact that we will not awaken by her vacuuming, so we all managed to sleep in rather later then usual, which is just so good to catch up on my sleep finally. Nayli was the one who finally woke me up though, cause she was hungry and wanted cereals.

After a late breakfast of toasts with butter and jam and French toasts for the kids and dad, it was already time to get ready for the next birthday party for the weekend. Yeah, I lead such a busy, hectic life, party! party! party! It’s Azleen’s son Aiman’s 4th Birthday at Mc Donald’s Taman Conaught. I know the name, but have no clue whatsoever where it is. Which is a good thing, so Jack had to follow to take us there, he! He! He was already like, “… don’t you know that Birthday Parties are for ladies and kids only?”. So I pretended I didn’t hear him and just busied myself getting the kids ready and praying in my heart, please come along, please come along, please just get dressed and just let’s go!!! Please! Please! Please! Pretty please! Thank god for small favours. As in my hubby shares the kids’ fascination with Mc Donalds, the food I mean. So, ok lah, he’s was ok in the end.

Besides the compulsory Secret Recipe Birthday Cake, Azleen ordered the made-to-order Cupcakes from the entrepreneurs in the website that has been circulating around lately. The cakes were absolutely beautiful, felt like so so sayang to touch them let alone consume them. It should just be there laid out in the box as it arrived. Check out what I mean below.


It’ll be nice to have them for Nayli’s birthday eh! After the party, we stayed on a bit cause the kids wanted to play at the playground which happens to be only one miserable slide. But that apparently was enough to amuse them for about half an hour or so. Finally we left and reached home at about 6.30. Jack immediately took on the task of bathing the 2 over excited kids, thank goodness. After Asar prayers, I started immediately on dinner, food again? Yes, cause in the morning I already planned to cook the Instant Beriyani, since I already thawed the chicken and the Beriyani Pastes, so had to do it. Luckily, my maid came home on time, to help with the bawang goreng and cleaning up. Most important! We had dinner a little late, after Isya’ which is just as well since our lunch was at 4:30 p.m! The rice turned out a bit mushy, I forgot about the watery paste, I shouldn’t have added the little bit of extra water when boiling the rice. The acar mentah was quite good, I used the Japanese cucumber since that was all that I had, and pineapple from a can. Ok, lah with mustard seeds lagi! But overall ok, since Jack tambah 2/3 kali so it must be ok lah kan? After dinner, downloaded photos from the camera, watch a bit of Single White Female 2. Didn’t watch till the end cause I thought the actors and actresses plus the acting were a wee bit B Grade. Packed my handbag for the next day, and got ready for bed. Zarif somehow was still awake, (Nayli dozed off the minute her head hit the pillows), lepak with me in our bed watching his Cartoon Network, eventually dozed off don’t know what time that was already. So that was my food and party infested weekend. Can’t wait till next weekend.


No comments: