Thursday, April 19, 2007

Gol & Gincu

Our Social And Recreational Club in the office is rather active nowadays. We have all sorts of clubs at the moment. Badminton, Biathlon/Triathlon/Cycling, Field Hockey, Netball, Squash, Outdoor Adventure, Outdoor Soccer/Futsal. Only, tennis has no representative yet. I would love to play tennis again. That would be nice. If someone starts a tennis club, I would have to fish out my tennis racket out of my mom’s store room at her house though, and not to mention get myself a new pair of tennis shoes. Lot’s of extra expenses. Hmm perhaps I should just stick to what I just started yesterday wehey!!!! That’s where I’m getting at here.
Yesterday, for the first time evvah in my entire 32 odd years of life (still young if I can say so myself) I was introduced to the game of futsal. No kidding! I played futsal! I know, so Gol & Gincu. We played at Sports Seven in Wangsa Maju. I never knew there was a Futsal Stadium there. We were amongst the 1st to arrive, me, Izam, Linda and our Zila (as opposed to Zila, Planning). Did our stretches and necessary warm ups while waiting for the rest to arrive. Zila even had a new pair of shoes just for futsal, Nike no less. The worse thing is she got it for a song (the secret is, it is from the children’s department).
Maisura was supposed to join us, she even went as far as purchasing a pair of new outfit for yesterday but later in the afternoon, she received a phone call that her grandma was admitted into Pantai Med Center so she had to visit her and missed our inauguration to the Futsal Field. We came equiped with refreshments! We were there at about 5:30p.m. The coach arrived at about 6, he gave a short lesson, rules and regulations on the game since no one has played this game apart from 7 odd people who came for the 1st practice last week. So after about half an hour of practice, dribble, passing the ball etc etc… we were already tired. Seriously, man talk about hard work!

OK, so at about 6:30, we started playing the real thing. My, my as I said earlier, this game is hard work, no kidding. After maybe 20 minutes, no let’s get real maybe after 5 minutes into the game I stopped chasing the ball. If it doesn’t come to me, go ahead… be my guest you won’t see me trying to out-run you to get it. We were a bit on the disadvantage side cause we were outnumbered by the other team not to mention, the other team were all below 20!!!! No, actually there was this TML staff’s daughter who is as big as the coach, knows abt futsal not (from watching Gol & Gincu) and most of all, she is only 15 years old. Martina, you are sooo in my team next week! In the end by 6:55, we asked to stop the game cause we were all practically drenched in sweat, huffing and puffing for air and most importantly DYING!!! But I must say, it’s pretty addictive. The way we sweat phew, we must have lost 10 gazillion calories. I've even filled up the registration form for the futsal club. Guess, I'm in... unless I'm pregnant next month. Then they just would have to do without the star player for the next 11 months. Ha!ha!

No comments: