Thursday, May 03, 2007

A cure for asthma.

I have just discovered the cure for asthma yesterday! Mommies who are hoping for a fixed permanent cure for their kiddies below 18, well sorry ladies this does not work for them unless, they are Trust Fund Babies! Not that I am anywhere close. Ok, the cure is not nebulizer, or ventolin. It's nothing that I can’t even spell. The cure is RT! (Retail Therapy!!)

After the May 1st Episode on Tuesday at the A&E and my battle throughout the day with my asthma attack, I thought that I was not going to survive yesterday, my last day of what was supposed to be a 5 day rest! I mean, I have been looking forward to this 5 day break for quite sometime. Thank goodness there was really no holiday getaway planned. Supposed to pick up a “rock” at some “rock extravaganza”, that did not happen! In fact I strongly suspect this is the main reason I fell sick and got asthma attack. Anyway, what else oh yes, supposed to get a facial and have a day out either eating at Delicious with Pat or just window shopping the whole day last Monday. Did not happen either cause my facial therapist, doesn’t work on Mondays. But of course by Monday I was still not feeling well. As a matter of fact, everyday since Saturday, I have been sleeping in the afternoon, bombed out after medication until Tuesday.4 days in a row in bed, unwell. I couldn’t even take the kids out for a treat. Didn’t even sleep quite well that A&E night, cause I guess it was some kind of a healing crisis, with the medication and all. It was terrible, as I was coughing, and wheezing, struggling to cough out the phlegm in my chest. Luckily I remembered the physiotherapist (when I was admitted for 5 days for asthma in that hospital), she did this karate action on my back to sorta loose the phlegm from wherever it was sticking too when one is wheezing. So anyhow, I asked my dahlink hubby's help me to do the same thing. Well, when does one resists to whack someone if given a chance right. So, whack! whack! whack! he went, until I’m like, wow! wow! yang, gugur pulak jantung I kang! He!he! Amazingly, right after that I started to cough out some thick heavy phlegm. Oh, you don’t really care for the details, ok I stop! To cut the long story short, I did to manage to get some sleep finally. But I do wake up a couple of times to what else but cough, cough and cough again.

However, surprisingly, I managed to wake up in time for the dawn prayers, bright and chirpy, woke the kids up at about 7 or so, bathed them, yeah I did it all by myself. Jack was also up and got ready early. We were out of the house by 8:30 in the morning, after an asthma episode the night before not bad huh? So we were in the car and Jack went like, so where are we having breakfast? I’m like, wherever? (but in my mind, Raju’s Raju’s Raju’s puhleees let’s go to Raju’s!!!) You’ve never heard of Raju’s? This place deserves a blog entry of it’s on. Later babe, need to get to the RT bit soon. I secretly planned to go to IKEA today actually, listed my wishlist the night before, yeah, asthma night, …. Hello! RT? The one important advice if you are turning to RT for relief, very important to plan ahead. No matter how sick you are at the moment of planning! So seconds before I left the house, I managed to slip my wishlist into my handbag. I broke my plans slowly and gently to hubby on the way to Raju’s I guess he could guess I needed this treatment after all and obliged without needing much persuasion and pleading. Lucky me!

So 10 o’clock on the dot we were done at Raju’s, loaded with Thosai Telur, Bawang and Chilli, Fried Chicken Ala Raju (a must if you’ve driven all the way from Gombak!), and Sotong Masala Ooh! La! La! Plus Teh ‘O Limau Panas (due to the cough, or else it has to be coffee for me!) we were ready for my RT session. Good timing and all, I am ready!!! So, we did it, followed my list to the letter, almost, with one addition or two, left the furniture haven 2 hours later, happy, elated and wheezing free, well sort of lah. Even my hubby commented how my asthma seems to have cured after spending time in IKEA! Aaahh what can I say. Next stop Giant. How can you not get RT when purchasing food! Another hour session there, pretty fast, the queue wasn’t so bad today, perhaps I’m the only few persons who left food shopping on the last day of a 5 day break! Anyhow, double RT pleasure for me. We arrived home at 3:30 exactly half an hour before the IKEA delivery, uhuh! Home delivery baby!!! Talk about RT, no joke, I didn’t spend two hours there picking food savers and paper napkins!! We’re talking real furnitures here. A long overdue cupboard for my maid’s room, for my linen and towels; another bookcase for the study cum toy room cum ironing room; a tiny bookcase for the kids; a side table; a swivelling computer chair for our IT corner in the living room and finally a another bookcase for the tiny corridor between the master bedroom and the kid’s room. Wah lau! The best part of today is that everything went very smoothly and to top it off, the same day delivery really allow my “glow” after the theraphy to continue further till the end of the day, that’s when we spring cleaned, not the whole apartment, but basically the very corners that the new furnitures are going to. It’s like you went shopping for clothes and shoes then come home to try them on. Arrrr happy happy, all the while drinking loads of warm water in between and walking around the house, like what Jack said reminded him of the movie, The Shadow, starring Alex Baldwin. I had to because I have house mite allergy, that means no dust, so no house work (He! He! Lucky me!), so the only way that I can do house work, should I REALLY REALLY NEED TO, is to cover my nose and mouth. Since we were frantically tidying up the house, kids all excited from a whole day out, Jack decided to relief me from cooking dinner, thank goodness, I am sooo blessed today! We had dinner at our favourite Kelantanese food stall nearby our place, even fetched my mother-in-law to join us for dinner. Ahhh this has turned out to be a good day for me. Thank God! Almost forgot the A&E incident, ALMOST!!!

Aaaar but back at work today! No I didn’t write all these today at the office, wrote all this last night as if I’m writing it Thursday morning. Saved it in word, and just post it this morning. Planning, that’s why I’m in Planning Dept, I am just sooo born for my job!!!! Yeah, right, bet my mother has some stories to oppose that statement. Ok, it’s actually 12:13 a.m and my neck is aching already from typing lying down on the bed. Jack is already winding down. So, ciao all gotta wake up at 6 tomorrow. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what am I doing still up???? Talk about overdosed of RT.

No comments: