Sunday, August 19, 2007

Haunted Mansion... NOT!

If someone were to ask me to name one of the scariest place that I’ve ever been too, it wouldn’t be the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. Na… aaahh. No way! I’m sure any normal woman would have been to this place at least once in their lifetime. And furthermore, having been to this place… knowing that it’s haunted, knowing that each time you come out of that place you are just like in a daze, totally not knowing what had happened in there. What cosmic supernatural powers that existed in that place that could have possessed you each time you enter. The most rational being … well maybe not the most rational, I guess the most rational person will not return to this place.

Ok, enough beating around the bush. Let’s not talk about anybody else let’s just talk about me. I am an average normal moderate income earning mother of 2 who works hard for a living. Once in a while I don’t think there’s any wrong with splurging a little bit on my good ol’ self. No, I don’t mean spending on shoes and handbags, these two things I strongly believe that I do deserve them and I’m not talking once in a while either. I am referring to skin care, facials. You see the scarry place that I was referring to earlier was a facial salon, beauty centres and spas. You know what I mean right?

Before April this year, I thought I have been neglecting my skin for quite sometime in the sense that I have not been going for regular facials. Firstly it is because I just couldn’t find the right place, with the right services (meaning good products with good therapists that do thorough, miraculous extractions that would leave my face black/white head less for weeks on end or that will also be able to give excellent back, shoulder and facial massages). It’s always one thing or the other, you know the product would be good but they don’t do extractions, or they don’t have such super duper products but the salons are just heavenly, the actual facial so-so but the massages that comes with it are to die for. So I ended up spa or salon hopping.

Until one fine day which so happens to be the Mother’s Day month and bonus month. Woohoo! Big mistake for someone like me, and what am I? A big sucker! That’s what I am. To cut a long tragic story short, no I wasn’t forced or even slightest bit coerced into anything. It was all my fault. What can I say? I have a weak heart. I somehow found myself walking out of this swanky, posh salon (when I do not have in the first place any business to go in there) with a treatment programme that could have easily bought me an “LV Never Full Tote” (this I have to revisit and dedicate a posting to this beauty)! Sigh! But the lady in there promised that my face will be free of blackheads and whiteheads and I would have a more even skin tone. After all one do need to take care of their skin early on in life or risk pre-mature aging! I don’t what that, do I? No!!!

So, having bought the programme, I thought great I never need to spend again for the next 4-6 treatments right? I should leave my credit card home. Of course, I almost never leave home without them. What do you know, the next treatment, I suddenly find myself in need of the “Home Facial Set”, and the next treatment, I decided that I simply must try the underarm waxing. Another treatment I realized that hey, you have an adjoining nail spa, do they do mani & pedi during facial treatments. Wow, talk about time saving!!! You catch my drift??

This morning I was determined to walk out of this "haunted place" only with a new tube of facial wash, since I’ll be running out of my current tube in no time at all. When all of a sudden I realized that I had signed up for a Merdeka Celebration package that would supposedly save me give me GREAT savings but I was just blinded by the fact that it cost me the left pair of a Ferragamo pumps not even on sale! What is wrong with me. That's just it I am such a weak! weak! person. God give me strength, else give me more money!!! Amen!

No comments: