Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Staying at home

It's nice this unexpected time that I suddenly have at my disposal. One week off from work. Stay home and rest and I'll see you in two weeks time. Lovely. I am definitely following the Doctor's orders. This is my 2nd day at home. I get up early today, cause my alarm clock went off the usual working week time, and I am too lazy to switch it off cause I would have to re-set it again next week. It is just much easier to turn the alarm off when it goes. Wake my husband up, cause he needs to fetch my makcik urut at 8 ish as promised. She came last evening too. Hhhmmm lovely, all this massages that I'm getting. I just love it. I could really get use to this. After this morning's massage which ended at about 10, I found on the table that Jack had bought nasi lemak, mmm yummy, even though I had some left over pasta earlier before my massage, but that was nothing, it was so little, I mean I did say leftovers from last night's dinner. What 4 spoonfuls the most??? Nothing, how can one resist nasi lemak wrapped in daun pisang right!
Before attacking the nasi lemak, I decided to cook lunch first, thinking that Nayli would be home from school soon, I might as well since I'm all energised and refreshed from my massage session. Made a quicky Chicken Korma, it's been a while since I've made them, actually had to consult a recipe book, do I need to add the tamarind juice in? Well, one cook book didn't say so, but my maid insisted that my mom always add the dried assam keping (tamarind, whatever!). Anyhow, it turned out ok. Thank goodness I cooked something proper. Jack ended up having lunch at home. He never did manage to do any groceries last weekend, since I was in the hospital and he took the kids out to KLCC for a treat. So anyway, he actually took Zarif to Carrefour this morning after sending home the makcik urut and did some shopping. By the time he was done there, it was 12 ish already and I thought he might as well have lunch at home.
When he came home with Zarif, Nayli was already home from school and I just started watching a movie on Star Movies, The Family Stone starring Diane Keaton, my favourite actress SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker), Dermott Mulroney (is that how you spell his name???), Claire Danes etc etc. I have seen this movie, before but what the heck... since I HAVE THE TIME!!!
After Jack left for work, I just had to have a bit of a rest. It turned out to be a lovely long afternoon nap. Not without some minor interruptions though. Twice I was awoken from my slumber to the sceamings of my kids and I had to give Nayli 2 time-outs in her room for screaming at his brother for taking HIS toys!!! What??? I know!!!
In the end they woke me up like at 5, to ask permission whether or not they could go to the playground. I got up because I knew my maid had fried some lovely cucur ikan bilis ADABI (you should really give this thing a go, it's really yummy and easy to make!). So it was this lovely cucur while watching yet another movie, The Object of My Desire, starring Jennifer Aniston till the end. I ended up getting my evening shower late cause I just had to watch my 6:30 - 7 :30 p.m Malay Soap Majalara first. I am so hooked on this thing. The plot thickens everyday.
I came out of the shower, Zarif is in my bed half-asleep waiting for me to come out and prepare his milk in semi-darkness and Nayli was sprawled out on the sofa asleep. After a bottle of milk, he's off to Lala Lala Land, and I had only a wee bit of dinner considering the amount of cucur I had this afternoon. Thought, I'd settle some bills and check my emails. I ended up blogging instead...
Okay logging off now, maybe I will catch another movie, I know for a fact that Jack is on the way home from a meeting at the Curve with my absolute favourite donut of the moment , forgot the name, the Big Apple was it... whatever, maybe I'll write about it tomorrow! That will give me something else to write about besides my massage tomorrow morning, yep I have another session tomorrow and the day after and ....

2 comments:

eiseais said...

ets...so sorry abt ur lost. i know you were trying really hard to get another baby. insyaallah, you wish will be granted when the time comes...

take care of yourself.

Eti Karim said...

Thanks for the moral support.