Friday, November 16, 2007

Graduation Day

In order to mark the kids's last year at pre-school, Nayli's kindy had a "Graduation Day". A full blown one. It was not at all like my kindy days. My goodness... it was totally amazing. I really salute the teachers downright to the principal. They are so dedicated. I mean... it must not be an easy thing training 6 years olds not 4 but perhaps 20 to a class!! Fantastic!

Nayli was excited as usual, though a little dissapointed as she was not able to perform during the intermissions between the certificate presentation ceremony, and I quote,... "Mama, teacher said, I cannot do the pantun because I have already performed during the concert". Told you, she loves the limelight.

She was a little disapointed that her beloved Papa could not make it for her big day cause we were informed only at the 11th hour and her father already had a meeting arranged in Kedah. I panicked of course! I mean, I have to find my own way to Menara MPAJ, OMG!!! In the end I managed to drag my mom and my maid along for some moral support.

Anyhow, she was still glad that in the end everyone gets to be on stage and sang a couple of songs. I will try to convert the clip that I got on the camcorder and upload it here. In the mean time here are some pictures.


Everything begins with the hairdo - the best that I could think of.
Since I have been warned, "Mama ... it has to be a ponytail, or else it will look
wierd when I put on the hat".

waiting for her turn

first this Graduation "File" ? I don't know... didn't have this during my days.
later I found out it contained, a sorta certificate stating that she has
completed her Pre-school in CEC, a class photo, and a huge 8R portrait of her
complete with graduation gown and hat with a library backdrop!

another token from Mrs Phang the principal

Hibiscus Class of 2007

Nayli and Sarah Adlina

Nayli and Wan

a 2007 graduate and future graduate Class of 2010

sigh!!! my baby girl no more... off to Primary 1 next year

last performance from Class of 2007 Wangsa Melawati

.... the last time singing her school song

happy times

*** come back to this post soon... will try to update some video clips

No comments: