Monday, November 05, 2007

My Girl's 2nd and final pre-school concert


Yesterday was Nayli's school concert. She was in actually 2 performances. The first one, is the class performance which happens to be a Malay Dance, to the Negeri Sembilan dialect tune of "Apo kono eh Jang". Such a suitable song since both my parents are originally from Negeri Sembilan. Even though both of my parents speaks Negeri Sembilan heavily with each other, I guess Nayli doesn't realise this cause I guess, at the end of the day when they speak with her it's either in standard Bahasa or in English. So, she is rather oblivious to what significant the choice of song is to her "background". The second performance is actually a Gymnastic presentation, the Gym Teacher picked some students from various classes to perform some gymnastic moves at the end of the concert.

Being a biased parent, of course I must say she did pretty well in both. My husband and I have always thought that Nayli is quite a perfectionist, so I guess it showed in the performances. No stage fright, nothing! Well... ehem she must have gotten it from someone, I mean her mother was rather active in school concerts back then and the father well... just name the sports, he's played it and represented the school if not also win some games. So, our child turned out to be not so afraid of the "limelight"... well truthfully, we would have been disappointed if it is otherwise. Ha!ha!ha! Well done Nayli, we are so proud of you. Don't worry yesterday was not the last of your "concert" days.

Hairdo!

Pretty maids in a row



Little Mc - Introducing her class's act


The dance act - Nayli is the 1st girl on the left, right in front.



Gym Estrada- Nayli's in the 2nd row middle in pink and while leotard.

with a class mate at the end of the concert

1 comment:

Salmah said...

Hi Eti,Naily
Been a while since I dropped in.Congrats to Nayli's parents for bringing her up in a conducive environment. May God Bless.
Maternal Aunty/Grandma
Mak Tam/Wan Tam