Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Last Saturday was Valentine's Day, a very busy day. Zaim had his checkup at the Paed and we have a birthday party invitation. It was Nadd's children's party. Nadd is an ex-colleague from my days in Boustead about 9 years ago. It was both Qistina's (3) and Rayyan's (1) birthday. My kids love attending birthday parties, as much as I love taking them to one. I didn't bring my camera because I thought I would have my hands full with Zaim. Sure enough I did, though I still couldn’t resist snapping some pictures with my camera phone.



Qistina - puffing away.


Little Rayyan.


Zaim's first experience on a rocking horse,

treated it like a bouncer though!

In the ball pool with Sis.


Oh oh, I think I'm falling!!!

from the official photog.

Oh, what's swallowing me?


The next day, on Sunday the 15th, was Zarif's long awaited birthday. We did not throw a party for him, much to his dissapointment, though we try to make up to him in many ways thoroughout the day as you shall see here. First and foremost, of course a Ben 10 cake, (Thank you SR for launching this on time!!! He has been wanting a Ben 10 Birthday Cake since his last 4 year old birthday.) After much deliberation, he decided on HeatBlast!!!





Check out the matching Alien Changer, Omnitrix thingy!!!


Happy Birthday to you!!


At long last, he was presented with his birthday gift!



Just couldn't contain his excitement.



Even tearing off the wrapper is quite a task.



Walah! Finally! Ben 10 Wild Mutt Ultimate Base Station Kit. Quite an awesome thing, even the dad was having difficulty holding on to the secret for 2 nights. Zarif was like, wow! where did you find this thing, I have never seen it before!

Woooo!!!!



Testing!


Kakak I'm here under the stairs Roger!


Only after he has seen and tried out his presents, he remembered to try his cake.



So, the celebration didn't end there. After having his favourite meal for breakfast which was half-bolied egg and snipped toasts, he had his cake and presents. Then we went out for a birthday lunch, quite a late lunch, at a place of his choice (even though, it was kind of a guided choice, he!he!). Delicious at BVII.


The thing with Delicious is that it really depends on your luck about which table you'd get each time you go there. We were lucky as we got the end table, so we got the whole L- shaped end of the cushiony sofa. So that's lovely, with Zaim and his stroller and all.




While waiting for the food, we could not resist taking some pics.


I can't rotate this pic! I have tried, keep coming out like this! Anyhow, you are looking at the Garden Salad, Calamari and the Seriously Delicious Cheeseburger, which happens to be the name in the menu! We had some mushrooms too, but it came a little later.


Enjoying their food.




We took turns holding Zaim.



Chocolicious Sundae


Salivating for their dessert, the Chocolicious Sundae and the Berilicious Chocolate Pavlova.


Finally Zaim fell asleep in time for me to enjoy dessert. Yum!


Dessert done! Now, these two kids are so so high on sugar, they became so hyper!


As promised we then send them off to Kids Sport to work off some of those excess sugar.




After an hour, I had to call it a day!


Birthday Boy, he had a blast after all even without a birthday party! My 5 year old boy!

No comments: