Monday, April 27, 2009

Bubba Gump Weekend

Finally, we tried Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant. The first time we spotted it was during Ramadhan last year, and it was during the day. What a temptation that was. Last Saturday, we decided to give it a try. Plus it was the Birthday Boy's decision, Jack's birthday was on the 21st last Tuesday.Oh, Happy Birthday dahlink! Nayli was rather dissapointed that it fell on a weekday, cause she thought that would cancel off the prospect of a birthday lunch treat altogether. Little did she know that I would insist on it, even if the birthday boy declines. Ha!ha!ha! Anyway, we went to the one in The Curve. It was delish!!! A must try for foodies out there. There is a better website that explains more about the restaurant. I must say that my pictures here just don't do justice. Did not bother with my DSLR, cause I have Zaim in tow and no extra help. I expected that my hands would be tied. At least it would give you a brief idea of the dishes offered there. We didn't order much cause it was just us and the kids. Even that we thought we should not have ordered the kids anything, since they ended up pinching Jack's absolutely out of this world Ribs. We took home the leftovers, and we had enough for dinner that night.








This plate thingy is actually their tool to call the waiter for service.This particular one, means we are ok, we don't need to be served. Turn over this plate for a red one which says STOP FORREST STOP, then the attentive and friendly waiters will happily stop at your table and serve you. Clever huh?






The walls were filled with various paraphanelia showcasing pictures and even some props from the movie. They even had the movied played on the screen. The kids were asking endless questions about Forrest Gump The Movie, I think I might have to find the DVD and let them watch it before our next visit.


Nayli, excited to be trying out at a new Restaurant. Such a Jr. Foodie!


Zarif, always likes restaurants that give out Kids Menu with Activities and Crayons. Already told us to go back to the restaurant again, cause he really really likes the place and food.

The Calamari Rings... Appetiser. Nice, for the price I think Delicious's Calamari is much better
(on a good day that is).
This is the Sweet Home BBQ Burgers minus the burger. If you look at the left corner of this picture, you can see that it has already been split into half for the kids to share. it was more of an open sandwich concept kinda a thing which makes it really a thick sandwich, too big a kids mouth. Should have ordered from the kids menu.

This is my Bucket of Boat Thrash, Yumm!!! Ok, it has Shrimps, Lobster Tail and Cod plus load of fries.


The birthday boy had this winner... BBQ Beef Back Ribs. Absolute winner. So meaty, tender and juicy, the BBQ sauce is just fab. Beats Tony Roma's anytime. Honestly! The meat practically fell off the bones, just like that. My mouth waters, just typing this thing now! Perhaps I could coax Nayli into choosing this place again for her b'day in June.

Zarif's half of the Burger


Oh, and not forgetting, must also stress the drinks that we had. The yellow concoction is called Mango Sparkler and the Orangey bit on the right is actually pinkish in colour but somehow looks orangery here is called the Speckled Strawberry Lemonade. Basically they are Sparkling Juices, but they're quite good. The one in the paper cup is Kid's Run Forrest Run, a fruit smoothie that is a mixture of berries and banana I think. I just realised while updating this now that I did not try the other drinks at all, I was that happy with my Lemonade. What a waste! Now, we really have to go back there again.

Zaim had our straws!! Ha!ha! Noooo, he had his baby bites... Loads of it I must say. Anything as long as he sits quietly in his stroller.

Zarif, happy and full, he ate quite a lot. He actually was so happy with what he had that he actually said, there is no need for me to order ice-cream cause he is really full. Hmmm, first time my son is saying no to ice-cream.

Just outside the Restaurant, the bench from the bus stop scene remember?
See the box of chocolates on the suitcase?
********************************************
On a different note, and font if you notice. I finally took some pictures of Zaim in the tub. He has just about 1 month ago graduated from his "baby with support" tub to this deeper one. Boy does he love his bath time.As you can see here.

My Michelin baby!

Happy Days!

With Sis.

No comments: