Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Japanese Lunch

I was never a fan of Japanese Food, especially Sushi. I just never acquired the taste, I guess. The most that I can go for is perhaps Teppanyaki and Edamame, I know, quite pathetic isn't it. So, yesterday when it was time to decide what to have for lunch and Izam suggested that we go to the Japanese across the road, I was quite reluctant, I mean what am I going to eat? I was too lazy to argue and suggest another place though, so I just followed. I panicked when I saw the set lunch. As what you could expect in a Japanese set lunch, there would be the mandatory Miso soup and the Chawanmushi(don't know how you spell this, not a fan remember?). You see, from previous experiences, both dishes to me stink, and reminds me of V....!! Sorry, but honestly it does. So, the set lunch was a definite no! no! Finally I settled on the Vege Tempura and the Tori Teppanyaki a.k.a Chicken Teppanyaki. Phew, what a relief, the were all edible, ha!ha! to me and I must say I actually enjoyed them!! Not bad at all.

In fact, before my order arrived, the others ordered California Rolls for appetiser, I never liked them. I normally settle by nibbling on the young pink ginger accompanying the CRs served. However, the girls managed to convince me to try them. I must say they're ok! Not bad at all. I also tried the Miso Soup and the Chawanmushi after heavily sniffling it to ensure that there were no trace of V.... smell present. Surprisingly there wasn't any bad smell, and both dishes tasted quite acceptable to almost good. So there you go, yesterday's lunch didn't actually make me a convert, but at least I will not be that petrified, the next time someone suggested Zakuro for lunch.

Tori Teppanyaki

Vegetable Tempura

The whole ensemble

No comments: