Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sports Day

Last Saturday April 11th, was Nayli's school sports day. It was held at the school's mini stadium. I cannot really remember my sports day when I was in primary school, but I do remember those when I was at Secondary. Since we did not have a field that was big enough to hold a sports day, our sports day were always held at Stadium Merdeka. That was good fun. I was not athletic at all back in school, so I ended up having to wear school uniform and what else but be on duty! Yes, I was a Prefect throughout my high school years. In secondary school, we were very "House Oriented", I was in Pius House (Yellow). We would sing our cheering songs. Big deal that was, at that time. One that I remember well is
Pius house dynamite, don't play with dynamite
Yey, yey, yey... and on and on it goes.
So, Yellow was Pius, Red - Anne, Green - Martha and Blue -Vincent. In case you're wondering these names for the houses, were the names of past principals who were sisters ( I was in a Convent School). Right, back to my daughter's day. She was quite excited about winning becuase her team has been winning the relay race that they are taking part in for those few days that they have been practising before the big day. Here are some pictures of her big day.


The March Pass

Cute mascot, Perdana House.

Rumah Waja


Grrrrr Waja!

Waiting for their turn.

We totally made ourselves at home walking around the field and taking pictures! Ha!ha!

Cheerleading performance. The teacher should have spent a little more time thinking about a more pleasant and more co-ordinated outfit for these girls. They practised so hard and they danced so well, if only they could wear something a little more cuter than these track bottoms and t-shirts.

All n-sync. Good choice of music too!


The podium.

At the starting line. This is the boys' team, balancing 3 balls and wearing Phua Chu Kang boots, hilarious.

Bored brother, waiting for the sister's turn. Notice he is already sweating
even though he is in the shade and not moving a muscle.

Finally, it's Nayli's turn to put on those Boots!!! Not an easy feat.

Got her hands full here. Still managed to smile for the camera though.

They finished 3rd. Technically, they could have won, but the 2nd last girl thought she was last and ran to the finished line, took the teacher minutes before she realised that there was another person left in the team. Arrrgh!!! Tension! I know, I know it's not about winning... arrrggghhhh! double arrrrghhh!!!! My girl's team could have won!

Still took home a medal, bronze, silver, gold whatever... who cares.
Important thing is participation and team work, right???

The 2nd relay race is this "Golf Kampung", it was called.
More like playing street hockey with the wrong ball and shoes.

Nayli waiting for her turn, while cheering for her team mate.

Giving encouragement to her other team mate whose turn is coming.
Very sisterly behaviour that she is potraying here, I noticed.


Her turn with the stick, look at that posture and style. Making of an athlete maybe...
at least that is the father's high hopes that she won't be as useless at sports as her mom! Amen!

1st at the finishing line, notice how there's noone around her. Exactly, cause
she was there first!Yippee!!! Gold for Nayli's team!

What? A water tumbler for this event!!! but my daughter's team was 1st! Sigh!!! Oh well, better than nothing! Until next year!


No comments: