Friday, April 09, 2010

Quick fix dinner.

A few days ago, when I came home from work and looked under the "tudung saji", I saw this spread...


Let's see, there's Sardine fried with chili (sardin masak chili lah tu), Cockels/sea snails gravy (Siput sedut masak lemak) leftover from the day before (still supper yumm though), Vegetables in coconut milk (Sayur Masak Lemak), Fried Cabbage, Carrots and Celery and Salted Fish, Cucumber with crushed anchovies and chillies (timun cicah sambal kering ikan bilis).   Pretty much simple dishes, a normal spread for dinner at my mother's. Simple as it may be, if you have 'em with white rice, one plate of rice will not be sufficient. Especially with the two killer dishes that are my favourite - the Sardines and the Siput Sedut! Sigh! In order to stick to my no rice diet I had to act fast and cook something else.


I remembered that I had this made during the weekend but never got around to preparing anything with it. It's red capsicums (red peppers) baked in the oven, and with the skin already peeled ready and waiting in the fridge. I know there's some button mushrooms in the fridge, so I thought I'd make some quick easy spaghetti. 

After boiling the spaghetti, I sauteed some white onions in Olive Oil, throw in the mushrooms, add some fresh cut chillies, the baked red peppers, pinch of salt and loads of coarsely grounded black peppers (my fav!), and finally mix together with the al-dante spaghetti... wa lah...

 Eti's Quick Fix Spaghetti Dinner!

My plate... of course eventually I had to add some sardines and I also had some siput sedut on the side... slurp! slurp! At least no wretched white rice was consumed that night! Phew! Close call! 

2 comments:

NZZ said...

respect okkkk, you can even resist makan lauk ur mom masak with rice..kalau I sure dah lama bedal...keep it up..

Eti Karim said...

Gigih kan???? He!he!he! terpaksa laaaa how else to achive my target!