Monday, May 11, 2009

Long weekend #02

Last weekend was another long weekend for me since our office gives us a replacement leave for any public holidays that falls on a weekend. I like! At first I was planning to get a facial or something like that i.e some me time, but then my mother had plans so I had to be around to send my girl to school in the afternoon. I even picked up Zarif from school. He was so happy. It was a real treat for him since, we also sent him in the morning. Since we were early, we even had breakfast together at the nearby stalls near his school.
The normal queue outside the school, parents/guardians, drive by the gate, and kids are guided to the car one by one. These kids are very well taken care off in these private kindies that I feel that my daughter was a bit surprised that in school, teacher are not that close to their pupils. I mean, really what can these kids expect with student teacher ratio of 1:44 per class right? Anyhow that's public education for you.

The happy face! He even said, "Mama best lah hari nie, sebab pagi Papa & Mama hantar, and balik Mama fetch". Zarif nak forever lah macam nie!" Hmm darling, pray hard so that I no longer need to work, then I can do this forever. Amen.


After fetching the kakak from school, it's take-away time from McD's. How can I not be the best mom in the whole wide world right???

At about 2:30 we went out again, me and Zarif to send Nayli to Sekolah Agama. Then the both of us headed out to Alpha Angle, WM. I had to fix some shoes, plus I have a RM20 voucher to collect at JJ. Another treat for Zarif.

Much to the dismay of the sister when she later found out about this. I realise again, how much fun it is to be a lady of leisure (but of course only if I have money to spend & a Supp Card!) Ha!ha! One can always wish or rather pray.

Once we were done, I realised that I had another 30 minutes, before it was time for me to fetch Nayli. I decided to check out this particular muslimah clothing store that I have been wanting to check out for quite sometime. It turned out to be not bad actually and since I was the only person there, great. I was able to check out their stuff at my own sweet time. Above picture is the range of scarves.


Above is the clothes range. Not bad at all.
Saturday, as usual it's swimming lessons for the kids in the morning. Then hubby had an appointment at Subang Parade. I wanted to tag along cause I didn't want to go home right after that. While waiting for him, we hanged out at Toys R'Us and also the MPH. Thank goodness they didn't make me buy any toys, since I promised to get them some books. Zarif finally found his Mr. Men collection.
cool or what.

a group of wizards, the other girl is their cousin Isha (Aisha), one of 2 as in she has a twin.


Masquerade ball???
Actually, that Saturday was my mother's birthday. She came home in the evening, so we had a simple candle blowing, cake eating ceremony. I bought some cakes from Awa. Delish!









That night we went for a simple steamboat dinner at a nearby restaurant. That was the first time, for me. Quite good. It was buffet style, with 3 types of soup; usual chicken, tomyam and oxtail soup. My favourite is the chicken soup, though I didn't try the tomyam soup at all.

It was Zaim's bedtime, luckily he didn't make such a fuss. He had his share of fruits then he just wanted milk and wanted to be rocked to sleep. Luckily, his bibik was around to help, so that Mama can continue eating. Ha!ha!


The kids enjoyed the food. Eating out is always good fun for them.


Thumbs up from Zarif.

Sunday: Happy Mother's Day!!! We went to the Maya Hotel in Jalan Ampang for Hi-Tea. No special reason why we chose this place. It was our first time at a Boutique Hotel. Good food, nice ambience, very good deco and not too crowded. Big plus, they serve made to order Ravioli and for thier dessert corner... Haagen-Daz ice-cream. Superb! I'd definitely go back there.
Someone's 1st Hi-Tea.

Zaim's high chair looks like a throne doesn't it? Matches the other chairs in the room.
So as not to spoil the asthetic features of the coffee house I guess.
Those moments when I can see my kids eating.



Clown and balloons.

All of us. Ignore the dessert plate in Jack's hand.

The Hi-Tea package came with free Reflexology at the Spa, for mother's only.

There was also a cooking demo. We didn't stay for the demo though. Not very stimulating, since we were so full and they were teaching how to make Thousand Island, Tartar Sauce and Caesar Dressing. Not with a full and overstuffed stomach. We just couldn't "stomach" it.


The kids amused themselves by the hydrotheraphy pool.


It was nice and breezy up here at the spa level. Very serene and realxing.

Hmmm bliss!!! If only it was a whole body massage.

Happy Mother's day to all mummies out there!!!!!!

No comments: