Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Update part 2 - Sunday morning

Finally, my final part of my weekend updates. Nayli had her swimming assessment on Sunday morning. It was not a Swimming Gala/Competition, basically they just wanted to determine that these kids could float and swim across the 50 mtr lap pool. Even though it was not a competition, it was still nerve-wrecking, especially for the parents, myself and hubby included. She did pretty well. Attached here are some pictures and videos.

Here they are queueing up before starting.

Still in the Q, while waiting for her turn to jump into the pool. The father standing behind giving final tips and pointers. Zaim was there too.



When it got too hot, they decided to watch from the side.

At the starting line. Slipping on her gogles.



The first "event" was breaststroke, 2 laps!



From the starting position.


Returning to the starting position.



Finishing her 2nd lap.



High 5! You did it girl!!! Well done!!! We are sooo proud of you!




Next, the freestyle. Just 1 lap. Thank goodness, the video is a bit shaky because I had Zaim on my lap.


Waiting for her turn next for the backstroke.



See her in action. Watch out for 2 girls coming from the left and coming in front of Nayli in her lane. I must have held my breath till the end because I was afraid that Nayli would panicked and stop kicking and drowned (I know, a bit dramatic)! Thank goodness, she was ok.


This was how it looked at the finished line, 3 girls at the same time.



Finally, treading! Nayli jumped in without having a clue of what to do, other than staying a float for 1 minute. Luckily she caught up fast, while oberserving quickly what the others were doing. Basically, we found out later treading is actually Vertical Breaststroke! Perhaps her swimming instructor told her but she was not paying attention. Plus, she missed her practice lessons, the evening before since, we didn't take her cause I had my annual dinner. You could tell that all the parents there were nervous too, cause when the whistle was blown to indicate the end of the 1 minutes, there was a loud cheer from everyone (outside the pool that is, those inside, were panting for dear life!!! Poor kids!).

All over! My little girl is a swimmer!!



After all that, time for some fun at the kiddies pool with Zaim. Zarif is in the other pool having lessons.



No comments: