Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Update part 2 - Saturday Evening

Once again it was our company's "most awaited" event of the year. The annual dinner! Below is the invite for us this year. The theme is Purple and Gold! It is in celebration of our 1st oil from our Northern Fields and since the names of the wells in Northern Fields are all Bunga Orkid XXX (followed by a number), the purple represents the Orchid Flower and gold represents Oil, as in Black Gold.





Do I have something purple already, yes! and do I have something gold, yes I do. So I managed to join our company's austerity drive and not spend a single cent for this dinner. For me, that is a really Big Achievement. I wore a recycled outfit, that's sooo purple (shhh! I wore it for our dinner 2 years back), and for shoes, I ransacked the shoe cupboard and found that my wedding slippers are still ok! So there. My whole purple and gold ensemble complete.



Our table card. We are seated at our boss's table, that means front row. Good view of the stage and very high risk of being called up on stage.



Our Senior VP, giving the mandatory speech to kick-off the night.
My meal choice card and hubby's.


The Appetiser - Tuna, Shrimp and Salmon.

A Mocktail - which tasted more like lychee.



That's us, as purple as possible, oh and the guy standing behind... Adam Lambert wannabe!
Zak, Me and Izam.


The soup course - a Mexicanish dish.

My Fish Course - Seabass and Potato Gratin, really nice.

Hubby's Beef course.

With Izam again.

During dinner, we were entertained by some loud loud loud Jazz music.

Maisura's in glittery gold.

All the ladies at out table, the one sitting next to me is our Dept Manager.


Nita performing. She can sing and entertain. Not bad at all.

Dessert was this very light cheesecake with ice-cream.

Ju, Eliza, Izam and Me.

With Zila in Black Scarf.

I will post more pictures once we get them from the official photogs.

No comments: