Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Masakan Negeri Sembilan.

... as if I don't get enough of 'em at home at my mom's. There would always be at the very least, 1 masak lemak dish served for dinner almost daily at my mother's. Just because I get them all the time at home, that doesn't mean I won't eat them outside at restaurants/stalls when it is "Nasi Campur" time. Lunch time today, we had Negeri Sembilan dish at this Restoran Rose 911 in Kampung Pandan.




Plenty of choices, not limited to Masak Lomak Cili Api (M.L.C.A from here onwards).


Menu and Price Listing, not that anybody refers to it I don't think.

What we had - Siput Sedut (M.L.C.A), Daging Salai (M.L.C.A) {- this dish apparently is really a Negeri thing, I didn't know, until Mdm L told us that she has never seen nor tried this dish ever before as she is from Perlis! OMG!!!} , Sambal Udang, Kacang Panjang Goreng, Tempe and Telur Masin though I myself didn't touch the salted egg, because I am not so into it.




On my plate - yes I had the prawns even though they were rather small and the degree of freshness were unknown! So far so good, no allergy reaction as I am updating now.

Finished off everything as usual - except for the Siput Sedut shells obviously ha!ha! Oh by the way, Mdm L also did not touch the Siput Sedut because she couldn't eat them, not doesn't eat them, just couldn't eat them, not able to "sedut" the thingy out. Pity!!! Ha!ha!ha!

Note to self: must teach kids to eat and try everything under the sun, siput sedut and daging salai included!



No comments: