Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where do you think you'd end up for lunch when...

- you think you are dressed too well for the foodcourt's stink to get on your clothes.
- you are too lazy to go far from the office building.
- you don't have a car or colleagues with cars or colleagues with cars and want to drive out.
- you have a pregnant woman in your lunch groupie.
you think you can spend like a mak datin /tai tai
- you are short of cash but someone volunteers to swipe their plastic money first
your office building is adjacent to a Hotel with a reputable Chinese Restaurant that serves good Dim Sum for lunch

Well, I ended up exactly at THAT restaurant!!! and on top of that, I was in dire need of a soupy dish cause I had this really bad sore throat, so one of the best remedy when I have one is a hot soupy dish like a Kuey Teow Soup. Ignoring the fact that I would be able to get a reasonably priced yet tasty Kuey Teow Soup even MSG free at the foodcourt, I opted to agree to a Dim Sum Lunch suggestion with the intention of ordering additional dish for myself, oblivious of the price factor. Kuay Teow Soup it is then for me, specially ordered for 1 person, not even listed in the menu, hence no clue of the price at time of order and eating.



This is what they brought me, cannot even see the Kuay Teow! Look at the amount of seafood and veges they threw in, the scallops and mushrooms, and abalone I think, to justify charging me as much as they did!


I couldn't say no to the Dim Sum though.


Yam Ball, raddish cake and scallop filled chee cheong fun... divine. 

When the bill arrived, GULP!!! Who's idea was it in the first place???



No comments: