Friday, April 11, 2008

Baby Checklist

Preparing the arrival for a newborn should already be a breeze for me, since this is my third one. However, I still need to prepare the necessary checklist to ensure that I have not missed out on anything. Even though, I should be able to re-use the stuffed I used for Zarif, there are a couple of things that needed to be re-borrowed (since I borrowed them then too) and newly bought, cause these things were either borrowed before and now are no longer available, or these things were already missing or thrown away a long long time ago.




My list consists of different categories such as:

1) Things to buy
2) Things to borrow
3) Things to find/look for at my mom’s place otherwise, need to be listed under category 1 or 2
4) Things to pack for myself for hospital stay
5) Things to prepare for baby to go back home
6) Things to prepare for Confinement Period

I can't provide my actual table here so, I have cut and pasted a one big list of things that I need to get hold of before I deliver.
1. Avent Sterilizer - still cannot decide on either the Microwave/ the Electric
2.Avent New born Starter Kit – bottles and teats
3.Containers to store breast milk
( Either Tupperware Ice Cube Box (never used before, idea was just introduced to me)
Or Anakku Small Bottles (as previous 2 kids))
4.Handkerchiefs/Small Towels & Napkins
5.Hooded Towels and Normal Towels
6.Baby Toiletries:
o Bath Gel
o Baby Lotion/Oil
o Cotton Balls/ Pads
o Cotton Buds
o Diaper Rash Cream
o Baby Wipes
o Diapers Newborn – Mamy Poko
o Baby Comb
o Bath Sponges – Mothercare
o Thermometer
o Baby’s clothes hamper – perhaps 2 new pails with cover
7.Biscuits for me –during confinement
8.Baby Carrier Cum Car Seat (newborn to 12 mths)
9.Bottle Warmer – Avent - borrow
10.My Sweater for confinement
11.Manual Breast Pump Avent - borrow
12.Electric Breast Pump Madela - borrow
13.Confinement stuff:
o Minyak Herbanika Nona Roguy RM85
o Akar Herbanika Nona Roguy RM80
o MakJun – makcik urut or Phytonatal NR RM100
o Herbanika Barut Cream RM45
o Minyak Berubat Mustajab 130ml RM27
o Honey to add to Akar Herbanika RM29.90 (Himalaya)
o Uncang Cuci Herbanika RM85 X 2 (only 15 bags per pack)
o Herbanika Lulur – serbuk utk mandi (RM50)
TOTAL RM586.90 ( I may have to re-think this list!, Amazing what you find out when you list things out, like whether or not I would want to spend all that money on these things, or could afford to, sigh?)

p/s there is a good product usage guide by a consultant on their official website, in Bahasa Malaysia.

14. Sanitary Napkins
15. Socks
16. Kain Bengkung
17.Makcik Urut – decide and book
18.Thermometer - getting from Dept (I am not in Planning Dept for nothing)
19.LV Diaper Bag – hah!ha! in my dreams only RM7K - MAJOR WISHLIST item (font colour rather bleak, as bleak as my chance of getting one)
20.Nasal Aspirator
21.Baby Bath organizer - Mothercare
22.Cot Things - one new set of cot bumper and bedding co-ordinates
23.Breast Pads – to look for the olds ones otherwise, buy!
24.Diaper Bag/ Mummy’s Bag – to be decided!!! If item 19 does not materialise, as if!

25.Bags and stuff on standby for hospital:
- Mine
o Pajamas 2x
o Socks 2x
o Stretch Pants – FOS/Reject Shops 2x
o T-shirts 4x
o Tudung
o Hair Band
o Sanitary Napkins
o Glasses Homewear
o Contact Lenses
o Underwear 3 days + 3 nights worth
o Camera + Charger
o H/Phone Charger
o Bengkung
o Bed Protector
o Good set of Baju for going home
o Towels (bath, face and hand)
o Snacks for hospital for kids
o Picnic Mat for visitors
- Baby’s
o Baby Clothes for going home
o Baby’s Zipped up suit for going home (Afif’s green)
o A few Muslin Wraps for use
o Small Towels


- My Toiletries
o Facial Wash
o Moisturizer
o Night Cream
o Lipstick
o Body Cream
o Shower Cream
o Feminine Wash – Travel Size
o Minyak Herbanika
o Minyak Mustajab
o Uncang Cuci
o Toothbrush
o Toothpaste
o Shampoo
o Deodorant – Travel Size
o Perfume Crabtree – Purse Size

26.Things to be done at Mak’s house:
1. Move Cot
2. Prepare the mattress – to put out in the sun for airing for a week or so
3. Look for old baby clothes – bring home and wash
4. Find the old bedding co-ordinates plus blanket and other usable stuff
5. Bring home Nayli’s Mobile for Cot
6. Find the bath tub

I think I have thought about everything, but I still have another month or so to go through everything and add anything else that I have forgotten.

No comments: