Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reading while eating

Do you have this habit? I do, well at least when I am eating alone, even at home and especially when I am in a restaurant alone. If it is the latter, I will make sure that I have a reading material with me before I will allow myself to be in that situation, eating alone in a restaurant that is. Nothing is sadder than eating alone, if you have to stare at other people having a good conversation at the other tables throughout your meal.





I came across this website that discussed the Best and Worst Food to eat while reading!! Check out the website for the western version, below is my Malaysianised one:



Best food to eat while reading:


1) Food that can be eaten with fork and spoons like nasi goreng, pasta, spaghetti etc
2) Chocolates
3) Toasts
4) Cereals
5) Curry Puff and other kuehs


Worst food to eat while reading:

1) Roti canai, Thosai, Puree and the likes
2) Nasi campur with fish that was not de-boned (asking for trouble here), or any other dish that requires you to look down at your plate before taking a bite
3) Chips /crisps – it tends to get oily
4) Fried chicken from the well known fast food company – eventually you’d end using both hands
5) Kuaci( Sunflower seeds) and Pistachios – you need to shell them and again you will end up using both hands

Do you have any other food that you can think of to add to the list?

1 comment:

PingganRahangRaksasa said...

omg i have the same habbit too. i tot im d only one. hehe. kalau makan sorang2 rasa mcm blurr and tatau buat apa. so i have to read. anything! be it mag, news paper or the pakaging box or even the surat khabar bungkus nasi tu.

.pel.