Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Catching up with Dela at lunch time.

Last Wednesday, we met up with an old school mate whom we have not met since we left school, some 5 years ago! Yeah, sure!!! Ok, I give... since 1991! I need a calculator just to calculate how many years it has been. We "met" her again via FB! I know, sometimes, this FB thingy is really amazing. Sometimes!

Lunch venue: California Pizza Kitchen, KLCC
Food devoured: Portobello Mushroom Ravioli, Chipotle Chicken Pizza, Humus, Thai Salad.
Food : 5 star as always.
Company: Eva was an Accounting Major but left the Accounting line (for obvious reasons), known her since I was 12, Azlyn also was an Accounting Major but now a happy SAHM, known her since I was 10, Me (please read on) and Adela the guest of honour. 

Anyway, Dela is now a doctor in Ireland. She was in my class 5 Sc 2. Has always been dead set on being a doctor, and was always the one in full concentration in Science Lessons and full of questions, when as for me... my two horrific years in Full Science Stream, was just because I couldn't decide on what I wish to be later in life other than a rich man's wife, and was told that being in Full Science Stream, will allow full flexibility later on to switch major when deciding on university applications. Blah! blah! blah!

Almost twenty years down the road, here I am with an Accounting major, having never done accounting at school ever, and Dela a full fledge doctor. I did see a tinge of disbelief in her eyes, when I said... my SPM Chemistry, Biology and Physics certification did not amount to much as in I did not pursue my studies in the "Science" line but switched to Accountancy instead.   Having said that, I no longer practice accountancy because I find monthly closings and balancing of accounts became such a bore after you've done it a couple of years. Hence, the reason why I am now in Planning but that's a different story altogether.   

It was lovely meeting Dela, whom I always regarded a tomboy, complete with a cap everywhere she goes. Now settled down in Ireland with 2 children and a hubby doctor. Don't know whether the Irish weather has mellowed her down or family life, I found that Dela was so mild mannered and sweet, yes truly ha!ha!ha! ol' CS girls out there reading... if you have the ol' Dela in your mind right now, well you better erase that. That girl is now a Mummy of two and no longer breaks out into Michael Jackson's number in the middle of a conversation. I guess, someone would a complete outrageous comment about me after meeting again after 20 odd years huh!

Dela, if you are reading this, I meant it in the very best sense, hope I do not offend you. It was lovely meeting you again. Do keep in touch often if only via FB, and let us know when you are down in KL again.

Eva, Me, Dr. Adela and Azlyn.

A pro-shot with Azlyn's lovely 500D.

p/s note to Alyn: we have to meet more often, so that you can take more close up pictures of me (so that I can use em for my profile pics) :) .

2 comments:

azlyn aziz said...

Nice entry, Eti. Certainly brings back sweet memories. Mus punya reaction when he saw the pics, "ini je u ambik? buang masa u carry the camera in your handbag!" Hey! we had limited time kan? nak makan, nak chit chat,.. nak chit chat,. bla.. bla.. bla.. obviously sempat ambik ciput je lah.

Eti Karim said...

Thanks Alyn, Yes, our CS years were great wasn't it? Apart from the exams of course he!he!he! Tell Mus, perhaps if we have another outing he may want to volunteer to become the official photog to ensure that we get loads of photos! ha!ha!