Friday, August 28, 2009

Jalan Masjid India

I have been keeping in the office my "kain baju kurung", waiting for the others to bring theirs for a couple of days now. The idea is to get matching scarves together at out favourite tudung shop in Jalan Bunus, around Masjid India. Somehow, whenever I go with her, we seemed to be able to get discounts even on normal priced items. Today, our "A" Ambassador did not bring her "kain baju kurung" again, so was reluctant to go. When I heard that "A" was having sales, hmmm I thought, why not. Plus, the weather is just beautiful outside, so very cool (well, Malaysian Standard Cool), and cloudy. I thought today would be the best day to go, I expect to be really swarmed next week anyway. I do want to get this scarf business out of the way as soon as possible so that I can tick it off my To Do checklist.
So off I went, alone armed with my face mask and my RuMe bag! I went straight to the shop, held out my 3 pieces of kain to the Sales Assisstant and asked for her help to find the right sizes after deciding on the right colours. One thing I have to say about the SAs in this shop is they are really attentive, helpful and efficient, unlike another famous scarf shop that I used to frequent, where you are almost scared to ask for help because they look at you with utter contempt as if we were there to create extra workload for them! So, I was done in half an hour, would have been sooner, had they had the right sizes on display.
I then ventured off to the shops along Jalan Masjid India just to feast my eyes upon the other stuff on sale.


Check out this guy wearing "Tudung Siti" that he was selling, he was not the only one, wearing the scarf ok. I find it hilarious. A couple of years back, when we came here the night before Hari Raya, some of the sellers(guys) were putting on complete Baju Kurung attire with scarves, and there were those who wore Telekung too! Now that was really weird!!




Telekung Raya anyone?

Lots of people, masks and all.

More people.


Last stop is the luggage shop at the end of Wisma Yakin. Got a bag for my maid, an imitation North Face, not sure how many gallon capacity, but it was for an amount that I was willing to part with. Not bad! Then back to office via LRT with my packed full RuMe bag. Good day! He!he!


No comments: