Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sajian Tradisi bersama...

Read about the launching of this new Recipe book by Chef Wan at Avon outlets in the papers.

This book won the Best In the World cook book Award in the fund raising cookbooks category.



Zila bought one for herself. We all oggled over the beautiful pictures of the many many traditional recipes compiled. She was kind enough to go to the Avon outlet across the street again to get us our own personal copies each. Hmmm so now, we are flipping the pages over and over again trying to find some inspiration for our buka puasa meal this evening, myself excluded. Why? Well, because yours truly here is still staying at mom's. Zaim is not 2 yrs old yet, so we are not moving out just yet. In the mean time, I am enjoying mak's home cooked meal daily a.k.a no cooking for me. Less headache especially during Ramadhan! I have never bought any of his cook books, though I have leafed through his other books at the book shops but always ended up putting the books back down. Don't know why. Perhaps I should start collecting, to add to my Nigella's & Jamie's books. After all, he is now the Best Celebrity Television Chef in the World!!


So, since I am not gonna be cooking this coming few days, instead of me coming up with a checklist of what I plan to cook, I'm listing a few dishes here that I wish to have for my buka puasa one of these days...

Gulai Lemak Siput Sedut

Sambal Goreng Kacang Botol
(maybe minus the prawns, since I am no fan of prawns)
Kerabu Pucuk Paku bersama Kerang

Urab Nangka dan Tempe
(before buying this recipe book, I have never heard of this word Urab.
But I love nangka muda and tempe, I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks)


On the last page, there's like 10 handy cooking tips from the great chef.

As for the rest of the recipes in the book, PGYO* to find out!
Pictures courtesy of Zila's wonderfully amazing but really not cheap Nokia N97, thanks babe. I surrender to your 5 megapixel camera! best giler!


*please get your own


1 comment:

zuraini said...

hi....
di mana saya boleh beli buku ini ye?