Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shopping for a cause.

I discovered this really interesting kiosk just outside Village Grocer at BVI, selling all sorts of nylon bags last weekend. I had to have a look because I am such a bagaholic. I love bags, any size, any brands, and materials, expensive, designer, cheap, free, reusable, disposable, paper or plastic. I always buy a bag, or keep free bags shopping bags and find a reason to put it to use and not the other way round.


Pictures courtesy of : http://tinytapir.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/bangsar-villages-village-grocer-goes-plastic-bagless/

What caught my eye was this RuME compact reusable bags, that come in many great designs and colours. Isn't this a beautiful reason to go green, reduce collecting the disposable shopping bags at the supermarket and use this lovely bags instead. It comes in a variety of designs. Click on this picture below to check out the prices and designs. Another design that caught my eye was this Short-Handle String Tote. When I saw it at the kiosk I was like, this is so cute! What can I fill this with? And I thought, yes, why not. I have been thinking about buying a netlike bag to fill the kids's soccer balls etc etc when we travel, and it would also be a great beach bag.


Another product range that they carry is this collapsible water bottles. Do you need another water bottle? I know, but this one is collapsible!!! Isn't it so cool? Usually, when I am out and about with the kids, we would be bringing a bottle or two of their water bottles of varied sizes, but at the end of the day, we would be lugging around empty water bottles. If we have the baby stroller in hand, then it's ok, I would just chuck them in the basket, but what if it's a day out without a stroller and we have to hand carry everything, wouldn't it be a nuisance to be carrying and empty water container? With this Platypus thingy here, an already empty container could easily be rolled up in my handbag, together with the rolled up RuME bags (logically, not quite rolled up still! At the end of a day at the mall I would much prefer to have used up a RuME bag or two), neat huh?



They have so many other products that are catered for women, babies & travelling. Check out their website at http://www.tinytapir.com/.

A big big plus for me is that they have a shop at Ampang Park. How convenient is that??? Lunch time at Ampang Park, will no longer be cost saving for me. Sigh! At least, I will be carrying my shopping in an Eco-friendly bag.

2 comments:

Amira Zafirah said...

heee, I bought 2 of these bag today ;p

Eti Karim said...

I bought one too, just to try it out. It's great... gonna get more.:-)