Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Last weekend in KL and KG.

Every year, Nayli's school holds a "Hari Usahawan Day" (Entrepreneur's Day). So, last Sat, we troop over to her school to show some support, and have breakfast, ha!ha! We didn't stay long, thank goodness Nayli decided to not venture into the haunted house this year. That saves me from all the queueing and waiting. So we had breakfast then waited for her turn to perform. We could see that a lot of effort was put into that day. Well done to the teachers. So dedicated and hardworking.



They had the tables from the canteen moved nearer to the food stalls.


We had the Nasi Lemak - his was without sambal of course. He is still in training, to eat hot spicy food - have not graduated yet, unlike the sis.

Not sure whether this is a happy grin or, hurry mama, this thing is so pedas, I need some water now grin.

There was an aerobic "presentation".




Waiting not so patiently for his sister's turn to perform. There was an action song presentation by the standard 1 classes. Then there was a fancy dress show.

Talk about getting into character.

Sweet.

So ayu! (demure)

Winter Sonata?

There was also a kite flying competition at the field.

We decided to go back to the open hall to wait for Nayli's performance. Finally, it was Nayli's class's turn to perform, singing "Heal the World", by Michael Jackson.
Showing some brotherly support.


Ooops, now what's that white bit on Zarif's hair?

Zooming in for a closer look. What? Oh my! A passing bird, missed it's toilet stop obviously and it landed on poor Zarif!!! Hilarious!!! He doesn't think so though!




Tried to upload the video, but the file was way too big. So, no video, sorry about that.


Dunno whether it was my camera or it was the haze. Rather hazy situation here isn't it? The turn out was pretty good, hope they raised a considerable amount of money.


Sunday

On Sunday, we went back to my grandmother's place, my father's side to attend an Aqiqah for my cousin's first child.

Here's the kids, hanging out at the "gazebo" outside the house. Cool and airy here.



Some of my cousins, three out of I dunno a hundred maybe... I have so many cousins!

All the grandmas comparing notes maybe. My grandmother is the one seated 3rd from right.

When we arrived, the "Cukur Jambul" (directly translated as Shaving of the Fringe... naaahhh doesn't sound right, it doesn't happen literrally though), was already over, but they had this group of ladies, sitting in almost a circle, reciting verses from the Quran to bless the newborn.




On the right, is one of my many many aunties with one of my many many grandaunties.

The new mommy and her son.
45 days old... aaawwwwww!!!





My mom holding Mohd Safiy (I think that's the spelling, forgot to check).

I got the yawn! Yippee!!


It's a different scene way up front at the anjung (the front living hall). The men had a separate prayer session in full swing.


Then of course followed by makan time.

This is the goat's head!

Two city kids eating lunch with great difficulty, on the floor. Ha!ha!ha!


At least Nayli looked at tad more comfortable than Zarif.

This little fella, later on was let loose in the garden to get him
acquainted with the kampung life.
Now where did that rooster go, cock-a-doodle doo, where are youuuuu????


Here you go kitty kitty, oops! I mean, puck!puck!puck!

Ooopsie daisie... too many bumps in the ground!

Hey you! Where d'ya think you're going, come back here!!
Weee! Nayli on the swing behind the house.

Zaim still walking around, checking out the place.
***********

Then we went off to my mother's hometown, to visit my uncle. He fell of the rambutan tree, while plucking rambutans. Apparently the step ladder broke, while he was descending it.

This was in the car, on the way, everything was done to amuse Zaim and keep him happy! Well, that's not entirely true, a hairband on his head was more to amuse us really!!! Ha!ha! (Note to hubby: Ok, this will not happen again, promise!)

Yes, it was a serious fall! He had to have this contraption hooked on his leg.
Though, someone still manage to inject some humour into the situation. Notice the Car Registration Plate on the side of the wheel chair? That was from my late grandfather's car. Funny, how I only noticed it now while I was going through the pictures to be uploaded, and not when I was there. Yes, my uncles on this side of the family do have a wicked sense of humour!

Zaim had to be restrained from fleeing!

All these "strangers" around him was too much for him to bear.

Then we went home, long tiring day, but it was good fun for the kids. Should go back more often.


No comments: