Wednesday, October 21, 2009

About breakfast, lunch and open house.

Last weekend was the last Hari Raya weekend. It was a long weekend for me cause we get a replacement holiday whenever a Public Holidays falls on a weekend. Since Deepavali fell on Saturday, Friday was the day off for me. I had a big breakfast with Jack at D'lish again that morning followed by a facial. This was the second time, Jack had the Big Brekkie at D'lish, the first time was on the 3rd day of Hari Raya with the kids. Hmmm since I didn't take any pictures last Friday let me update some pictures from our last visit. Oh by the way, my first time was with Pat, our usual morning breakfast before my facials. Ha!ha! love this routine.

Anyway, below are what we had the first time I was there.
Eggs Benedict - Pat's order
The Big Brekkie -Mine - you get to choose your choice preparation of 2 eggs plus all the other stuff you see on the plate plus any choice of Hot Beverage plus a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.




Another picture taken with Jack's phone, I remembered that he did take this picture to entice his mates. See, the orange juice, for the hot beverage he ordered the Flat White, and I ordered the Cafe Latte. I did hesitate before settling on the Big Brekkie, I thought of trying the Waffles, but I was afraid that I would get envious with his bigger spread... plus he did warn, "Don't even think of pinching from my plate!!!". In the end I got the Big Brekkie anyway, not so much because of the warning, more about being greedy!!! He!he!he! Hmmm must try the waffles next time, though!!!



When we were there with the kids, we ordered 3 of the Big Brekkie set, the kids share one. The portion was just perfect. For the hot beverage, they chose a cup of Hot Chocolate, which I thought was quite good. Sometime, restaurants make these Hot Chocolate really sweet, but I thought the ones they serve here is just nice.
Zaim loved it too. Though, we had to let him nibble on some biscuits that I brought along, while waiting for our order. You see, I have 3 children and 3 different eaters, the eldest, Nayli is a slow eater, she is adventurous enough to try spicy food and whatever new food that is in front of her, but she is such a Slow Eater. OMG! Is she one slow eater, plus she nibbles her food like a little mouse. She will bite into any food bit by bit just like a mouse, nibble nibble nibble and she just goes on forever if you let her. Zarif, he is such a Picky Eater. Other then Thosai, Roti Canai, Half Boiled Eggs, Scrambled Egg, Omelette, Pizza and McDs, we really have to be patient with him to coax him to eat something. My number 3, Zaim well he is a Happy Eater, willing to try and eat anything and everything even the menu if you let him!! Ha!ha!ha! Right, back to our D'lish breakfast.
Zarif and I with an almost empty plate.
They cleaned up theirs pretty well too.

Sitting outside, while the father takes a ciggy break at the other end. So that concludes my D'lish update. Well, after my facial, I went straight home and hung around with Zaim and Zarif since Nayli had Sekolah Agama in the afternoon.
On Saturday, the only planned itinerary for the day was to attend Azleen's Open House cum Yana's birthday party in Cheras. However, in the morning I got a surprise invite to eat roasted lamb at Fida's in-law's in Keramat. Since we are a big fan of her lamb, we just couldn't say no to the invite.


We were feasted with roasted lamb, complete with a choice of Brown, Black Pepper or Mint Sauce, Mash Potato, Salad and Garlic Bread. Yumm!!! Let me emphasis again, in other circumstances I don't eat lamb. It usually has this taste which I don't like. Somehow, not Fida's honestly!!!
A picture with the generous hostess, make that very generous hostess especially because we were even given take-aways. Loads of them!!!

Incidentally, for dessert we were served Tisha's Cheezy Choc's Birthday Cake. With a cake cutting, candle blowing ceremony that we were lucky enough to witness. It was Tisha's 3rd Birthday, Fida's youngest.

PPG!


Happy Birthday to you!


Overwhelmed by the commotion at the other end of the table.





Still overwhelmed.


Fida distributing the cake before Tisha takes matters into her own hands, literally!!!


Zaim getting along well with some new found friends.


He was totally cool to join the kids.


More roasting goodness for catering engagements that day. I was made to understand that just before we arrived, they we 24 lambs that was just taken to another Hari Raya event. Missed that lot.


Another one almost done.


A few more waiting for their turn, marinated and all.

After the yummy feast at Fida's we rushed over to Azleen's. Over here I did not take a lot pictures because I was too full, and I had Zaim on my lap the whole time. Now that I want to update here, I realised that I don't have much and not even a photo of Yana the birthday girl. If you wish to view more pictures especially the cute birthday girl and her Yummy Mummy plus the lovely balloon deco check out the birthday girl's aunt's blog.

Inspite of already stuffed with lamb and all, we managed to try out most of the dishes there. We started off with the birthday cake and the lovely cuppy cakes made by Mira herself, check out her cup cakes blog. There was also some self grown Ubi Kayu served with Sambal Ikan Bilis, how authentic is that? Had I not remembered that I have stuffed myself earlier I could have gone on.

Azleen taking a break from playing hostess and joining us for lunch.

Zaim happy that he managed to blow this party favour finally.


Wohooo!!!


No comments: