Thursday, October 22, 2009

My many firsts yesterday.



It was my first time at the Prince Court Medical Centre. I decided to cut my ties "so to say" with APSH. Since I am not planning to have another child, I thought, I'd find myself another Gynae elsewhere. Considering it's already the last quarter of the year, I thought, what the hey, I might as well use up my medical entitlements at the swankiest hospital where I was confident that the waiting will not be anything like in APSH. So, I chose the only lady Gynae available, set an appointment and went. I must say I made the right move. My appointment was at 10:30a.m. I left the office at 9:45a.m caught a cab and was there at almost 10:00. Probably earlier, didn't notice the time. I was greeted by the concierge staff, well he didn't exactly bow and put his hand that way as in the photo, but close enough, he opened my cab door, and when I asked him whether I would have a problem getting another one after my appointment, he graciously answered my question. 1 point there, [Well, okay APSH has this service too]. Once I entered the lobby, fuwaaaa very nice! Just like entering a hotel, not a budget one at that. I was directed to the 6th floor, the WCC (Women and Children Centre) for registration and all. After filling up the necessary form, I was directed to a waiting room, that is almost empty, except for two waiting couples. I haven't even finished the usual 10-12 pages of heavy advertisement of the PRESTIGE, when I was already called for the usual Bp, Weighing (this was when I found out that they have a lousy weighing scale, totally useless) and Height check. Glad that they didn't have a waistline check, I would have walked out right there and then. Ha!ha!ha! As if! Anyhow, after all this, I was asked to wait again, so back to the waiting room. Picked up the PRESTIGE again, since only in hospitals and clinics,do I get to read these things since I don't go beyond Harper's Bazaar in my choices of magazines indulgence. Tatler and Prestige? Puhlees, let's get real. So, I finished browsing through PRESTIGE and on to my book that I brought. I didn't get to read much before I was called to go in the Dr's Suite. Time check - that is less than a total of 30 minutes ok??? Mama mia! I like this hospital already. Now, the Dr. I LVoe the Dr., and not just because she said I didn't look my age!!! Ha!ha!ha! She's nice, friendly, gentle, funny and super cute. What is there not to like? Now I am considering to have another child, just because I like her! Notttttttt!!! I was out of her office by 10:40. Shortly after I was already waiting outside the hospital looking at this view while waiting for the cab to arrive.

Not a bad view huh?

Let me warn you though, I had to turn down a few cabs before getting one. This is because I should have expected the type of cabs that would come into this place are mostly the executives ones. I'm not paying more! Yeah, such a cheapo! Finally one normal one came in, and the first statement that I got was, Wah, 7 star hospital eh?Hmm I just gritted my teeth, and said well, why not since I am not paying! So, all of you out there if you are not paying for you medicals, try out this place.

The next first for me yesterday was Kampachi! We went to the one at Pavvy, this is our Department lunch in lieau of Ramadhan Break Fast etc etc. Now, I can declare that I love Japanese food, though I still did not touch the sashimi. Hmmm!!! Slowly. Besides the set lunch for each one of us, we also ordered the side dishes. They were yumm!! Take a look at what we had yesterday.

Edamame.
California Rolls.
Agedashi Tofu.

Agedashi Tofu - one piece person, not the whole bowl.

Ebi Tenpura Maki - one piece per person too!

Seafood Teppanyaki Set

Seafood close up - the scallops hmm yumm!
Tokyo Bento.

Beef Teppanyaki.

Gindara Teriyaki - Grilled cod fish with Teriyaki Salt. I chose this based on Pat's suggestion, and 5 others followed suit.
Sushi Bento.


Salmon Teppanyaki Set - our boss's choice.

Group Photo - Our Lady Boss in Ocean Green Baju Kurung on the right, way up front.

For dessert, the orders came up to only 2 types somehow.
This one is the Green Tea ice cream, I would rather take the Tea itself I think.

I had this Tempura Ice Cream which is Deep Fried Vanilla Ice Cream which I think tasted
a little like Apam Balik (the non-crispy ones) served with ice-cream. Not bad at all.


The damage! Ouch! What handbag would cost that much? Hmmm.
Will I go back to this place, yes! Will I be paying, I hope not! :)
Have a good weekend y'all! I heard that some people are still attending open houses! OMG!!!

No comments: