Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Asam Pedas Melaka (Sejati)

I have heard so much about this place from my colleagues. Finally, I went this afternoon. This place is in Ampang Area, apparently serving authentic delectable Assam Pedas, fresh and piping hot. You come in, choose your fish, and whammo they will cook the dish fresh for you in a claypot (or perhaps, cooked in a Wok but served in a claypot). You can order simple side dishes like, Fried chicken, and Telur Dadar, they also serve some Ulam (local Salad) and Sambal belacan. My verdict, nice, no make it, really nice!!! Worth the trip! Me and Azlan kept on sipping the gravy way after the fishes are all gone.

The Restaurant


We parked across the road.

Asam Pedas Melaka (Sejati)

The choices of fish, I tried Pari and Jenahak.


The cooking area, right there by the fish stall not "way at the back, don't know how it looks like" smelly dodgy kitchen, thank goodness.

Side dishes.(FYI the diamonds and Rolex aren't mine! Sigh!
They are original alright, but they aren't mine.)

Piece de resistance.

Ulam-ulam.

My plate, don't want to show you the "after" picture.



No comments: