Tuesday, January 05, 2010

No more 4 days weekend for me!

Hurro there!!! It is my 1st day at work this year!So mummies and daddies out there??? Everything went well yesterday?? I saw some lists of to do(s) on FB before the big day yesterday. Did everything go well then? Heard some horror stories on the big day itself too? Hope by today it will be better for all. I haven't heard from home yet, so my kindy going son should be ok today, inspite being the 3rd year in kindy already.  

So what happened with me yesterday? Took the day off to see the kids at school on the first day. There was no problem with Nayli my first one, since she is already in Year 3. We just dropped her off at the school gate, I'm sure with regards to fees and such, the teacher would be able to communicate with her and she can relay everything back to us no problem.

Came back home from sending Nayli with hubby, after having breakfast at this Nasi Lemak stall that we have never been to before! All because there was a minor traffic at the junction to go into our housing area, and we thought of taking another route when we passed this Nasi Lemak Kukus stall, it was then that the shoplady chose to lift the top of the steamer cover that had the sinful nasi lemak. We saw this smoke wafting up, I swear that did it for us, we made a quick decision to say yes go, a quick u-turn saw us at the stall choosing our sambal to accompany our plate of piping hot steaming nasi lemak kukus! Yes, I blame the traffic for breaking my New Year Resolution, i.e to not have local dishes for breakfast. Sigh!

So, after the breakfast getaway with hubby, we reached home to find that Zarif our Ben10 was in this screaming fits confronted by an overwhelmed maid and a really upset grandmother!! Issue : his colour pencils were all messed up, because it wasn't packed the day before! (ok, my bad there, but I didn't think he'd be needing any colour pencils on the 1st day of school, plus we paid for colour pencils to be provided for in class!) Anyhow, lesson learnt for me to make sure he is prepared the day before or else...

His class was suppose to start at 8:30 a.m. Managed to pacify him, shall spare you the dialogue here. No problem in the car and at school. Found the class and met his new class teacher. Left him in class, looking like this... (see picture below). I'm like, oh! oh! hope he'll see one or two familiar faces in this class cause I couldn't recognize any of the kids' faces nor their names on the list from his class last year.







When I fetched him 2 hours later, he stepped into the car with a big smile, saying, "Mama, I like my new class because I have 2 new friends! One from Orchid class last year, and another new friend whom I have not learnt his name yet!" I'm like, "Good!" (in my heart, THANK YOU GOD!!!)


But, 10 minutes later... Zzzzzzzzzz!!! Was that past 2 hours really that stressful??? I didn't want to go home only to come out again to fetch the sis, so we had a little mini picnic in the car while waiting for the sister to finish school.


Now he's awake, but still at reclined position! ha!ha!

In the afternoon, I had to go to Nayli's Sekolah Agama to handle her registration and all. Quite a full day for me. When I was not in their school, I am at home, handling the little pocoyo, because he is a bit under the weather. So he's like a little koala, hanging on to me everytime he sees me, just wouldn't let go. Even up till last night he was still up at odd hours screaming to be held and comforted. Don't think being a stay at home mom would be any easier eh! Hats of to full time mummies!!!


4 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

ciannya letih smp tertidur...
sian kan kids nowadays.. my niece sekolah petang.. smp rumah dah 7.30pm.. letih..

Eti Karim said...

Memang betul Lady L, tapi not so bad la for kids in kindy, half day je. Kakak dia pagi sek keb, ptg sek agama, mlm kena buat homework lagi... very hectic life budak2 nie.

somebody who needs to love herself said...

last year my daughter was easily tired but this year she is full of beans! but will see how it goes today.

Ohhhh my God!! u ate nasi lemak??!! thats why I never make resolutions hehehe :P

Eti Karim said...

Mariam,

Hopefully the kids will be ok this school year, i.e they will take everything in a stride to save the mother from a lot of heart/headache! he!he!

Yes, I HAD NASI LEMAK on the very 1st day of what was supposedly the week I begin my new year resolution!!! I know!!! (but it was a damn good plate of nasi lemak though!)ha!ha! Yes and that is why I only have ONE new year resolution! ONE! nuff said :-D