Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Exams and Underwaterworld all in a day.


Last week was the 1st term school holidays. We didn't go anywhere since Jack wasn't around the whole week. I took the Monday off nevertheless because it was a big day for Nayli. It was her first Music Theory Exams - Grade 1. It was held at a nearby school. I totally forgot how it was for me. This time having my own daughter sitting for it, well I must say that it was a nerve-wrecking experience, perhaps more so for me than her. I sent her to the school, made sure she had everything she needed, made sure she got to the designated desk ok and wished her bucket loads of luck.

At her desk.


As ready as she can be, only the mother has problem leaving her, until it was announced that all parents are to leave the hall and wait in the canteen. Pfffft!!! The exam started at 9:00a.m and was scheduled to finish at 10:30a.m. I went home to fetch her brothers because I had plan a surprise trip for them all to Acquaria KLCC right after fetching Nayli from the exam centre. I timed myself to arrive about 5 - 10 minutes from the schedule end time, however I found her already waiting outside the hall. Apparently she left the exam hall at 10:00 and she finished 20 minutes earlier!!! OMG, Nayli are you sure you finished answering all the questions??? Girl, how was it??? Did you check your work at all??? 40 minutes to finish everything??? I know it's 1st Grade but 40 minutes??? OMG!!! Mama, it was easy peasy!!! I'm like... hmmm. Ok then, if you say so. ( Deep inside, I am super worried ok!)

Anyhow, let's try to lessen Mama's worry by going to Acquaria...

We arrived right on time for the Piranha Feeding Show.

They didn't quite comprehend what the big deal about watching this PIRAN.HA (initially pronounced as peeranha...) eating. Kids if the diver dive in to fetch them, the diver him/herself will become their brunch!!! Scary!

Electric Youth (remember Debbie Gibson anyone?) oops Eel I mean.

Zaim's first time here. Zarif and Nayli came about 4 years ago I think!

This tall tank is still here.

Happy to come back.








 



Then it was time for the fish feeding "show" at the main acquarium.


Just look at the crowd... it was the school holidays after all!!!

The divers are out or rather in the tank.

The diver gracefully swimming behing a giant stringray.

Photo session with the diver, sorry about the picture quality,
since flashes were prohibited in Acquaria.

Zaim was just blown away by all the fishes around him.










He had his meal while watching the fish in the main tank.


Just before we left, a picture with this skeleton this time with Zaim.

Same spot as at 25th August, 2006 with Pat and Shania. 


We took this pictures at the souvenir shop. Went back there to look
for these lovely hats for Zaim but they were no longer available :-( .



1 comment:

Lady of Leisure said...

wow bestnya boleh tgk diver lagi... ikan duyung ada tak hehe...
besar jugak kan aquaria ni..