Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Weekend Wedding - the Finale.

Iki & Wanie - their wedding reception continues... last Saturday in Klang, this is the groom's side. Since this is Jack's aunty's house, we played host.


The lovely dias, the chairs looked like they came out of
the Beauty and the Beast set to me.


As hosts, we get to eat first, before the other guests arrive.
Zaim loves rice!

Zarif and Papa.

Going green y'all.
The main table and tables for the bride's family.

I was clad in green too! Like my new outfit? Bought it especially. Love it.



The girls having only fruits as starters. All seemed to be full still.



What I hoped to be a creative shot.

Jack, mom and aunty. Can you guess which is which?
Yeah, ok Jack's in the middle ha!ha!



Playing hosts, taking our positions at one end of the tent.

What's happening at the back of the house is a different story altogether.

Happy happy happy in his own world! Weee!!!

My very pregnant sis-in law! 8 months already and
she weighs exactly as much as me NOW!!! And I'm not telling you my weight!


Hunny Madu...

Testing the dias.

Group picture!!!


Nayli with Isha/Ika.
Full House Tent


The couple just arrived, I am ready initially armed with my camera, then someone shoved me the bowl of rice and fragrant leaves to be thrown at the couple as a way of welcoming them. Didn't the aunties were the ones who's supposed to be doing this. I'm not even in my forties ok!! Come on!!! I obliged though, even though at the back of my mind I was going... I feel so old!!! This is not right!

Ooops, watch it honey, careful!!

Don't step on the dress now!
That is actually a nervous laugh I'm putting on, I was actually pretty nervous at being given a such an "important" task! Way beyond my years!!!
He!he!he! So do I throw now???

Ok, all ready, but wait, where's the groom's umbrella?

There you go, nice and easy.

Told you the chairs are huge, just look at that!!!

Awww....



Wey hey... rock star wanna be is here to grace the reception?

Nayli happy snappy!

Ateh, Iki's mom blessing the couple.

Jack's aunt, the answer to the trivia earlier.

At the main table now.

Everybody feasting away.

Nayli and the twins finally decided they are ready for the main meal. 

Green themed cake too!

Family picture... compulsory!

Our family picture... another compulsory.

Karaoke session - family time, starting with Asyraf (nephew to the groom).

Looked upon by his cousins and sisters.

Nie - Iki's Sis-in-law. (another twin sisters in the family, don't worry
I don't need to put a picture of Na the sis, she looks just like Nie!)

R&R time, after sending off the bride's parents.

Not so for the bride, more photo sessions. Lovely dress again Wanie!

Gosh, it's tiring being a host!

Told you the photo session isn't over yet.

Meanwhile, check out what's happening in the house. Total mayhem!!!

Somebody is making himself comfortable.


Remember baby Ali Zulkarnain from the previous updates. I took him to see what kind of reaction I'd be getting from Zaim. Totally didn't expect this!!! 
He absolutely adores Ali Zul.

More kisses!

I'm happy!

I am king!
OMG! Zaim, that's part of the deco!!

Creative huh! He is kicking it around like a ball. OMG!
Who's paying for the rental of this thing, hope they won't come looking for me!

Totally into this "shrub-ball".

Taking a break with a box of raisins.

Smile for the camera Zaim!

More pictures with the bride.

Long afternoon, we are all tired but still smiling.
Until the next family wedding....

2 comments:

Marlini Ridlis Ismail said...

hey Eti!! great to see you!
You have lovely kids & i love the wedding & food of course!!
Its the Term 1 (March) school holidays in Singapore, not sure about KL.. So for this week, my house is like a battlefield!

Eti Karim said...

Hi Marlini,
Thanks for dropping by. Yes it was the school holidays here too. This week it's back to school for the kids... Relief for the grandma at home :-D .