Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Birthday Lunch for Nayli.

It was Nayli's 8th birthday yesterday. She got to choose her own restaurant for her birthday meal. She decided on Bubba Gump cause she somehow loves the Ribs there. I took the day off, since it is the school holidays, thought I'd spend sometime at home with the kids, anyway, being a long weekend and all. Jack couldn't take the day off. So I went to The Curve with the kids, minus Zaim, to meet him for lunch. Zarif insisted on dropping at the IKEA playground first. The birthday girl relented and joined him of course. I thought this was a good idea to make them really hungry by the time, we are ready for lunch.





There was this thing on Barbie at the concourse. Thank goodness Nayli is over her Barbie phase. So she didn't even bother to look around. What caught her attention were just these huge replicas around the area.



Counting the days before she can start wearing them!




They have this thing about lollipops. Perhaps because they hardly get them ha!ha!


I thought I'd surprise them with the real thing. But just the miniature portion of course!! They thanked me profusely for them. Something really unexpected but welcomed.

Right, so I jump straight in to our feast at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. For appetiser, I ordered a Tower of Onion Rings. It was called a tower becuase it came exactly like so. I forgot to take a picture of it immediately, so what we have here is the remains of the so-called Tower. I guess, you can imagine how it looked like in the beginning.


Zarif wanted Hot Dog from the Kid's Menu. It came in a paper boat loaded with fries. Pretty basic to me, as long as he is happy, I'm ok.


So, this is us, still at the appetiser stage. Nayli ordered the Set Meal, which I thought was a pretty good deal consisting of Ice Lemon Tea (huge tumbler), Garlic Bread, Garden Salad, Beef Ribs, Coffee & a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae for only RM55!!! We thought it was a good deal because the Ribs alone would have cost about RM60+.

The Garden Salad.

Since this is our second time here, we thought, it is just right to try out their other shrimp dishes. We have tried the Bucket Load of Trash, we decided on an Appetizer called Net Catch. It's basically shrimps in two types of marinades; Garlic and Cajun Spice, fried but not battered! Yum! Just look at Jack enjoying them.

Now here's the Birthday Girl's much awaited meal.

And this is mine!!! Muahahaha!!! Doesn't it look so yummy??? Well I can tell you that it really was. This is Bourbon Street Baramundi. No, not Bourbon the Liquor Name, just the name of the Gravy, at least not according to the Filipino Waiter who 100% guaranteed that the food in this restaurant is 100% Halal!

The Net Catch again.

Enjoying her Ribs.

She had a surprise Birthday Cuppie Cake, from Cupcake Chic.

The finale was the Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae. Just so so cause the Cookie was a wee bit too hard.

Happy Birthday Nayli Girl! May all your wishes come true. When I asked her did you make a wish before you blow the candle? Her answer was YES! I wished for a handphone!!!! Me: ..... (speechless!!!)



No comments: