Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I'm back from my short Port Dickson break... PD part 1.

I am back at work with loads of pictures to share with you. However, that will take time, so I guess I shall update it in batches.

We left KL on Friday, soon after the Eid Al-Adha prayers in the morning, even though check in time is only at 3 p.m. We had to send off my aunt's maid back in kampung who stayed with us while my maid went back to her hometown. This worked out well since Port Dickson from my kampung is not very far.


The kids, all ready and geared up to go.



All packed, ok just to get the record straight ours are just on the left, the red bag on the right most belongs to the maid, in two months, she managed to accumulate that much of stuff, plus a few more paper bags that went in the car. Tsk!tsk!



Zaim in the seat, if it's a good day (for me that is), he will stay in the seat for quite sometime, especially when he is fast asleep.




The Hotel... this was previously Guoman Resort, which I have never been to.



View of the rooms before we reached the entrance foyer to the reception/lobby area.



Pretty busy even at 3:30 p.m.


From inside looking out.


Checking in, that's me getting upset with the staff for saying that what I requested a couples of months ago, and reconfirmed a few days before arrival was not available!!!



Though, I can still smile for the camera, or perhaps I saw Jack coming in. He came and took over, before I get even more upset. All I requested was for a king size bed, and extra bed and a cot. When I called two months ago, they said, they could fit everything in their room. When we arrived, they are saying it's not possible and there doesn't seemed to be any extra bed available. Hmmm!!! how can I not get upset right???



While we dealt with the nitty gritty of checking in, the kids went to explore. These shots were taken by Nayli. Of course the main thing on their agenda was the pool. Is this hotel kids friendly??



One slide on the left, with a kiddie pool and "mushroom water fall". (though we found out later this slide had a sign - "I AM NOT READY!")



Another slide on the right! You think the kids approved? You betcha!


The Ocean/Pool view rooms.


Zarif expressing himself! Getting really excited obviously knowing what's in store for him for the next couple of days.
 


I guess this is the Christmas Lights deco - up around the lobby all ready for the season.


The room, before we tempered the deco by pushing the "Super King" size bed way against the wall to accomodate, an extra bed and a cot. Yes, in the end I got what I requested. Though, we were a tad dissapointed with the tiled flooring, as it gets pretty cold at nights.

After gettting settled in the room, of course we headed straight for the beach! But that would be for the next update. :-)



No comments: