Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My date night on Christmas Day.

How was your long weekend people???
As for me, how can a four day (I took the Monday off too) weekend be anything but LOVELY??? Sigh!!! Over too soon...

Christmas Day was a quite day at home, we went out for breakfast and just hang around the house.

That night, it was date night for Me and Jack... can't remember the last time. The wedding at Bora Asmara... nah, that doesn't count.

We left the house at about 8 p.m and once again got ourselves stuck in weekend traffic at Pavillion. OMG! the traffic was MAD!!! In the end we couldn't even get into the car park at Pavvy, so we chose to park at the hotel nearby, yes we'd rather pay for hotel parking rate rather than going one whole round Pavvy again and waste time in the traffic jam!

So, the plan was dinner followed by movie. We bought tickets to see Avatar. Didn't realise that I actually bought 3D. So duh!!! Since it obviously cost sooo much more, until we collected it and the lady at the counter went like, ok here's your 2 tickets for 3D Avatar blah! blah! blah! We went 3D??? Jack was relieved that it was 3D, coz he was hoping for 3D but his blur, blur, wife just went ahead and bought whatever... not even knowing that they had it in 3D even! (The thing is I was soooo not looking forward to watch Avatar! Thought that anything that wasn't chick flick would just bore me to death. I was expecting something as dark and as gross as Alien vs Predator! so, I must have been buying those tickets with my "eyes" closed. Ha!ha!)


So, movie starts at 10:30 p.m. Jack warned me it's gonna be one long movie almost 3 HOURS!!! Rolling my eyes upwards...I'm like, really?? Oh, great joy!


Dinner was at Dome. Thank goodness Jack had the foresight, about the madness of the crowd at foodcourt at that hour, if the traffic was that bad and just check out the crowd at the foyer! Found out later during dinner, via FB that our cousin actually couldn't find a place to eat and had to go back home and raid the fridge instead! Dinner without squabbling kids were sureal & peaceful! ha!ha!ha!




I had the chippies. (so boring! but good though)



Minestrone Soup - thick and lovely.



Jack's catch of the day was excellent. (why do someone
else's orders are always better than yours? why??)

After the meal, it was Flat White for each of us while I went online, and he sat outside for his post meal huffa puffa!!



Then it was time for... AVATAR!!!

Some pictures from AVATAR.



Sam Worthington as Jake (cute)


Neytiri (Zoe Saldana)



Pandora's majestic floating mountains.



Floating mountains, imagine that! Who would have thought of that right?



My Verdict - GO SEE!!!!

It is a superb movie, great imagination and imagery. Fantastic! Don't miss it! Go catch the 3D one. If you are four-eyed like me do wear your contacts! Makes it easier to wear your 3D glasses. Oh, yes it was a long movie, we left the cinema at about 1:15 a.m. He!he! so I must admit, not all guy flicks are boring! Ok, you win!


After the movie, Pavvy was deserted. Almost!

Note to hubby: Your turn to come with me watch "Did you hear about the Morgans???"!

Source: pictures from http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2009_Avatar_photo.html

2 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

went to pavillion last few weeks... mmg heavy traffic kan.. terpaksa parking agak jauh then jalan huhu..

Eti Karim said...

LOL, mmg betul lah horror Pavvy ni kan?? hopefully ni masalah school holidays and year end nie je sebab I suka jugak pegi situ!