Monday, December 14, 2009

The Princess and the Frog weekend.

We went to a wedding in the afternoon at Shah Alam. I don't even know the bride and groom, but my mom insisted cause their relatives. So we went. We hardly get ourselves in Shah Alam, it's pretty far (before anybody jump at me, any place beyond Mutiara D'sara to me is considered far far away), plus there's no major Malls there so there is really no incentive to go that far, ha!ha!



The Shah Alam mosque - proof that I really was in Shah Alam, since we didn't take any pictures at the wedding.



Passed by this gated housing area called Laman Sari, really nice!

To kill time, we drove around the Shah Alam area, and went in search of Setia Eco Park, heard that that is a lovely area. So we went to see. Along the way we noticed seriously picturesque cloud and sunlight what do you call it, mmm formation? The kids managed to take some shots.



The Cloud 1



The Cloud 2



The houses in Setia Eco Park, really were lovely, the club house, lake and playgound were really nice. Very good landscaping and designs. I like it. Didn't take any pictures though, just these sings as we enter the area. He!he! If you want to have a look best you check out the website. Lovely! Dream house, I say dream house because there is no way I am staying here and working in KL.



After the mini tour, we went back into KL to get a shower at the club and prepare to catch The Princess and The Frog 8 p.m show at KLCC. The drive took us almost 30 minutes, not bad though Jack said the roads would not be that clear on weekdays. Ooooh!!! Tsk! tsk! That's why I am saying I would only stay there if I could quit working in KL, though we need to be able to afford a house there first and foremost! :-P

Dinner was at CPK. Even though there were plenty of evening diners there, the service was really fast. That was a good thing, since we had to eat quickly and then have our prayers before the show.



Zarif will always try to get away giving a funny face each time.



It was their first time trying the Hummus. I love the Hummus here.


Thin Crust Pizza - The Works


Portobello Mushrooms Ravioli - a must have whenever I come here!


Savouring his Pizza!


Kakak too!


Papa and Zarif! Zarif all smiley for the camera, the father had to make a face!


Nayli and Me. In case you're wondering, Zaim didn't join us, he is a bit too young for a movie outing, poor boy, was left with Atuk and Wan the whole evening.



The Princess and The Frog



A movie with a twist featuring an African American main character, set in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Prince named Naveen (Bruno Campos) from the land of Maldonia is transformed into a frog by the evil scheming voodoo magician Dr. Facilier (Keith David).The frog prince mistakes a girl named Tiana (Anika Noni Rose) for a princess and has her kiss him to break the spell. The kiss does not break the spell, but instead turns Tiana into a frog as well. Together, the two of them must reach the good voodoo priestess of the Bayou, Mama Odie (Jenifer Lewis), while befriending a trumpet-playing alligator and a hopelessly romantic firefly along the way.  Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Frog 



Madam Odie of New Orleans Bayou.



The Frog.

I thought it was fairly a good show. The only dissapointing thing is the fact that TGV KLCC only sells caramel popcorn. Now I remember why we have been watching movies at GSC Pavilion - salty popcorns!

Sunday morning, I woke up with a sudden urge to cook. A couple of weekends back I already made pancakes so, yesterday I decided to make scones. I found this super easy recipe in Good Housekeeping I think, and kept it. I have made it before but I forgot how easy it was. Halfway through measuring the ingredients, I realised that it was too little, so I doubled the recipe.


SRF - Self Raising Flour, Baking Powder and Salt all in the bowl, and sifted.


Have your assistant to grease the tray.



A dollop of butter, well not really, the recipes calls for 1 1/2 oz of butter so double that makes 3 oz.



Crumble the butter and the flour mixture. Be sure to only use the tips of your fingers only.



Add milk gradually, until it forms a soft sticky dough.


Flatten the dough, no rolling pins required. I used a glass to cut it into a circle.



Don't worry about the moon crater looking surface of the dough. Scones were never as flat and smooth as a pancake!


Place the cut out dough on the tray and again request your assistant to do a quick eggwash on the top of the dough while patiently answering all her what if questions.



If you like, you can also have your assistant take a "before" picture of your scones once they are in the oven to bake.


Ready to eat.


Side profile. I do realise that the recipe said the dough should be flatten to about 1 inch in height. I was being stingy trying to get more scones from the available dough, and I flattened it a wee bit more. Perhaps the next time I try this recipe I should quadruple it so that I could make fatter, thicker scones.

While waiting for the scones to bake, my helpful assistant helped to prepare scrambled eggs. I let her do almost everything.


Broke the eggs and beating them.


Melting butter in the hot pan.


I helped her pour the eggs into the pan.


Stir stir stir.


All ready, not too overcooked not too soggy.


Our Sunday spread, Scones doesn't really go with scrambled eggs and peas, not as well as pancakes or toasts. But too bad, this cook felt like scones yesterday. 


My helpful assistant with Zaim, who loved what was served.


Aaaaaum!!!


Boo! Not to the food I hope!



After breakfast we all trooped over to Giant to get some groceries shopping done. Zarif had a wonderful surpise when he saw that his favourite Ben 10 magazine's issue #3 was out on the newstand already.


Issue #3. As Zarif can read already, he enjoys this mag to the max, even attempts the puzzles and stuff.


But the best part is hey, Zarif's photo is featured in this issue!! Yeay!!!
His picture is the one in the middle.

1 comment:

Azleen said...

laar... i pun pegi setia alam Eco Park semlm jugak... area baru kan...