Wednesday, December 16, 2009

In search of a waffle maker.

I have been thinking about preparing waffles for my Sunday breakfasts for a change, at least there'll be a choice between pancakes/toasts and just recently scones (though this will not happen very often) to be eaten with the usual eggs, beans/peas and sausages & nuggets. I found an easy to make and supposedly good recipe online, however, I do not have a waffle maker just yet. This requires a wee bit of investment and research (a.k.a window shopping). I like the 2nd part bit.

So, my search started yesterday in KLCC Best Denki. The only sandwich maker that is convertible to a waffle maker was this KENWOOD model SM 580 which was going at RM229.00 and even with this major Malaysia Sales going on at the moment, there was NO SALE at BEST DENKI!!! So people out there please do not even bother looking for any electrical goods/appliances at this place. Obviously they are targeting the tourists only!!!



Price Tag.



The Waffle Maker - that makes 4 pieces at one go.

The fact that the waffle maker makes 4 pieces at one time, I quite like that, saves time. Though I don't know how long it'll take each time, need to check on the model spec online. Maybe this weekend I would try to check out other stores around my area, could get it much cheaper. Wish me luck!

Anybody out there been making waffles??? Wanna share your recipe?? What is the brand of your waffle maker?

2 comments:

superheroes' mom said...

nope, do not own a waffle maker. but once u have reviewed and tested yours, i will be sure to copy cat :) waffles with butter and maple syrup.... mmmmm...yummmmm

Eti Karim said...

ha!ha! sure thing, once I find it, will let you know!!!