Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One morning at the playground.

What do you do when you want to spend time with the kids but you think you cannot handle them alone without hubby? Well, yesterday a couple of my friends and I decided, we'd take them to the playground, and let them loose, while we sit under the shade and stuff ourselves. There was supposed to be 4 of us, Pat, myself, Azlyn and Sharlin. However, Pat couldn't make because both her and her baby was down with a viral fever. It was too late for us to postpone because the kids have been informed, if you know what I mean... So we had to go ahead as planned.



This is how it looks like on a Monday at 9 a.m! Lovely and deserted. I thought I was the only psycho mom who takes her brood to the playground on a Monday morning. Later on, more people started to come. It was still lovely and rather deserted though. Try coming to this place on weekends!!! You'd probabaly need a PA system to locate and call your children out of this "castle".



It was too bare and deserted that I think my kids went into some kind of a shock that they didn't know what to do first. No queueing for swings, slides, see-saws. A little bit too much too handle!




I'm telling you it's empty. I can't take enough pictures to capture this "bare" moments!



Zaim on a boaty see-saw. Guess who's on the other side.



Our picnic area. We decided to camp out on this tarmac instead of on the grass, because we wanted to be closest to the play area so that we could watch the kids (whenever they surfaced from the inner sanctum of the "castle" that is).



Zaim is thirsty.



Our food was simple, delicious chicken pie courtesy of Azlyn, chicken nuggets from your truly (yes, so original I know!!! I'll try harder next time) oh but I bought pre-packed nasi lemak since Pat is a no-show and was supposed to bring the lovely Bangsar Nasi Lemak bungkus, tuna sandwiches from Sharl (she definitely has to try even harder than me next time!) What? You can't see any sandwiches?? Exactly! Ha!ha!ha!



Nasi Lemak Bungkus.



Zaim and me swinging away, it was breezy, it was sunny, it was empty (the park I mean)... it was bliss.



Empty! I can go on and on. Sorry! It was just an amazing experience.



Breezy! So breezy, that Sharl's son commented that "Momma, the trees are shaking, it's going to fall!".



Back on this rotating swings again.



Zaim.



Zaim enjoying this slope here.


Still at it.




Taking a break in this tunnel.



Wee down the slide he goes!



Swinging with abang.






Through the tunnel.



And another.



Zaim was reluctant to pose with Mr. Dino.



Sharlin, Me and Azlyn (yes, this is Azlyn my oldest friend in the whole wide world). A little history, I have known Azlyn since we were in Standard 4, so that was when we were 10 yrs old, and Sharlin and I use to spend weekends at the nearby Club, from noon till night, we'd swim, eat, study, watch movies, eat again all the time!!! Good old carefree days. Sigh!



One picture of the four of us before we left. 

2 comments:

zarin said...

oh my god!!my dotter sure love this playground...where is it dear?

Eti Karim said...

Memang best giler this place, my kids love it. It's just at the Lake Gardens - Taman Tasik Perdana jeeee...